GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoko es100's are developing a horrendous howl into their second month.

Default Yoko es100's are developing a horrendous howl into their second month.

These damn tires don't have 2,000 miles & they are loud. They seem to have gotten loud since last week. I was ok with them during the first month, now somethings got to be done. Up to last week, there was no perceptible tire noise.

I rotated the things & removed the m turbine fans, hoping to find debris or some cause for the noise. No luck. Don't think I'm interested in going back to the Db's. They got loud & squirmy after the first year. The updated Db's would also be about $400 more for a set of 4, compared to the es100's.

Wish they still made the Intermediates.
    erased due to slander

hey bro...John Lenon was reported to make Yoko howl, but must of been doing some serious drugs at the time...that women was/is coyote ugly. I have had great luck with my Yoko Avid T4's which are a much milder all season cruiser tire with less aggressive tread pattern and taller sidewall...very quiet and great tires. Tire howl is annoying...surprised that they are making such a fuss.
    Good Luck...believe tire noise is an issue with many high performance tires....hopefully they will quiet down as the weather warms. If not, you will have to get a Tri-flow exhaust.
    George

Default Sounds about right (m)

I had those in 235/45/17 format and as soon as they wore a bit they got louder. The insides were wearing faster in the rear b/c of the camber back there. They also cupped a bit over the 20k miles that I got out of them. I thought the tire was a great price, but I won't buy them again. I'm trying B-stone RE750s this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    I'm trying B-stone RE750s this time around.
    You mean RE730s? I had these on my Mustang and was less than impressed, for the money. They are nearly as much as the Firestone Firehawks and have quite a bit less wet and dry grip. I'd spend the extra and get the Firehawks.

Default Uh no.....I mean RE750s....totally different tire

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H

I'm not down with the tire tech I guess. That's good, as I really didn't like my RE730s and would hate to see anyone spend the money on them.

Runs off to tirerack.com to avoid any more embarassing moments

Default LOL I didn't mean it like that (m)

The only reason I know is because I recently purchased the set. Otherwise I would have said the same thing..........tires are not something I care to casually keep up on

I actually need to start doing some more research, I'll probably be picking up a set next month for the car and would hate to repeat my RE730 experience.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

Default lol!

nt

Default Yoko howled long before she ever met John ; )

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    hey bro...John Lenon was reported to make Yoko howl, but must of been doing some serious drugs at the time...that women was/is coyote ugly. I have had great luck with my Yoko Avid T4's which are a much milder all season cruiser tire with less aggressive tread pattern and taller sidewall...very quiet and great tires. Tire howl is annoying...surprised that they are making such a fuss.
    Good Luck...believe tire noise is an issue with many high performance tires....hopefully they will quiet down as the weather warms. If not, you will have to get a Tri-flow exhaust.
    George
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast