GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swapped Steering wheel pics as requested...

Default Swapped Steering wheel pics as requested...

Side profile... 0 gap from base of wheel to base of steering column, absolutely stock/perfect gap fit!

overall interior shot... flows well with the car IMO

Looks good, let us know if you can get all of the controls hooked up.

flows like whoa!
    nice job jonny!
    send the how to to bmwe34.net =]

That looks very nice, what's the feel like? One thing I'm not too keen on in my E34 is the steering wheel feel, rim is too thin and the leather doesn't feel particularly great. My Audi had the sports steering wheel (no airbag cos it had procon-ten, brilliant piece of engineering!) and it is much nicer to hold than the BMW one.

Unfortunately the airbag means I'm probably stuck with it as I don't want to pay the hefty price for a replacement with airbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_540i
    That looks very nice, what's the feel like? One thing I'm not too keen on in my E34 is the steering wheel feel, rim is too thin and the leather doesn't feel particularly great. My Audi had the sports steering wheel (no airbag cos it had procon-ten, brilliant piece of engineering!) and it is much nicer to hold than the BMW one.

Unfortunately the airbag means I'm probably stuck with it as I don't want to pay the hefty price for a replacement with airbag.
    It feels so much nicer than the stock boat wheel. It's pretty chubby. It's size is as small if not slightly smaller than the Mtech II wheel

Here's a pic of the Audi wheel I had (not my car in the pic BTW!):

My E34 has the 3-spoke wheel with small airbag fitted to later euro cars.

A job nicely done Jon, like you say, it "flows"....looks very good with the rest of your interior.

Now, about that air-bag situation. I know you're planning on making all the buttons functional, (did you get the heated wheel?)
    (how cool (or hot) would that be?) =)

I applaud your "what if?" attitude and vision of your youth. What ever you do, don't lose it. However, this doesn't give you the right to molest your sister's car...=)

Have fun with the project, it looks like you will. I'm currently buying stock in E46 steering wheels...=) Like I said earlier, I think you're on to something here.

Enjoy!
    Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    A job nicely done Jon, like you say, it "flows"....looks very good with the rest of your interior.

Now, about that air-bag situation. I know you're planning on making all the buttons functional, (did you get the heated wheel?)
    (how cool (or hot) would that be?) =)

I applaud your "what if?" attitude and vision of your youth. What ever you do, don't lose it. However, this doesn't give you the right to molest your sister's car...=)

Have fun with the project, it looks like you will. I'm currently buying stock in E46 steering wheels...=) Like I said earlier, I think you're on to something here.

Enjoy!
    Jr
    Thanks JR! This weekend will be the weekend to tap the harness from the stalk of the column... going to take pictures and all and do a write up for future investors! E46 wheels fitting is big news in the E34 community i do suppose, because until now, our only option was expensive Mtech wheels and gaudy aftermarket sparcos. I still have to figure out what I am going to do as for the center of the wheel, i could try and find an E46 airbag ($300) and just not hook it up or mayeb I can find some sort of thing to put in there or fabricate... don't know yet. Another good wheel at this point is the E46 M3 wheel which is even chubbier, but they carry a high-demand and thus cost. Not that this E46 sport wheel is cheap. Again, I will be posting info as I get stuff accomplished... I am also handling the supercharger install and audio re-install/video re-install at the same time, ugh. As for the sister, haha I expect her to help with the pin-out on the OBC stalk this weekend!

Brilliant Jon,

Just what I wanted and suspected all along that fitment will be fine!. Now, did your original wheel has an airbag, I presumed so. Could that not be reused here ?. Or was the mould very different ?.

My 95 touring has the same shift knob as yours. What a job to use!. My handbrake level is CF with slight chrome surrounds. I could not get a pure chrome level!. The original rubber brake level was falling off everytime I used it!. E46 Sports wheel .....lets go to ebay.de....

Looks good Jon!

I've been wondering for quite a while if those newer wheels would fit. Might have to give it a go soon...

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast