GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: self leveling susp??

Default self leveling susp??

Does anyone know if any E34's other than the M5 come with the self leveling suspension? I bought a 94 520i here in germany. It has the Motorsport upgrade package (sport seats, interior trim, self dimming mirror, moon roof, etc.) and I can't find any info on what exactly the upgrades are. I know the suspension is upgraded, but I don't know what specific suspension parts were upgraded.

Its not some bogus "M" badge slapped onto the car. There are alot of these over here. What BMW they did with these M package cars was shave the numbers off (520, 525, etc.) and replace them with the "M" badge. Now I am not saying that this is an M5. It is a 520i with the Motorsport package. I'm just trying to find some technical info on it.

bump

Is there a piece of paper under the rear seat/in the bottom of the seat cushion with the factory equipment codes on it? Probably could determine from that.

You can physically see the accumulators and related plumbing on the self leveling. I'm sorry for you if you have it, although it might not be that bad on the ole' pocketbook to get it fixed being that you're in Germany.

I'm betting it's got an Mtec suspension or something similar to what the Can M540i's/US MTecs had, but I couldn't tell you how to confirm...what kind of wheel gap do you have?

best, whit

Go to the next dealer in Germany and give him the VIN number. They have online access to give you a print out of all options and the basic design the car was originally ordered.