GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Auxiliary fan senser

Default Auxiliary fan senser

I just replaced my auxiliary fan senser/switch however than fan does not come on when the temp gauge is at 3/4. I turned on the AC and the fan works. What is the next step? Sorry for the dumb questions but I have not got my Bently book yet.

make sure that the right tank and lower hose of the radiator is actually getting hot, it could be a crap thermostat, if the radiator doesn't get hot on the switch side the fan aint going to kick, you can jumper the wires at the switch to check the operation
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Typical, no coolant circulating trough the ...

radiator, checked tstat? That is the reason you are climbing to 3/4, not the fan.

Javier

Edit: Winfred, is this car (525i 1990) one of those with a plastic water pump, that should have been replaced the day it came out of the factory?
    Last edited by Javier; 03-19-2005 at 07:09 AM.

nope the m20/m30 are metal

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    radiator, checked tstat? That is the reason you are climbing to 3/4, not the fan.

Javier

Edit: Winfred, is this car (525i 1990) one of those with a plastic water pump, that should have been replaced the day it came out of the factory?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Man...I know you've checked that tstat like a billion times, but have you pulled it and stuck it in a hot pan of water yet? Make sure it opens and closes This is exactly what my car did...I even replaced that silly aux fan temp switch...the tstat was working fine (as you may recall) and it was solely because I didn't have that sucka set in there right. Once I messed around with the tstat housing for a bit, figured out how it worked == everything went back to normal.

best, whit