GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Looking for mechanics in the Denver area

Default Looking for mechanics in the Denver area

Hi!
    I'm moving to Denver soon and I need to get some work done on my 94 540i (suspension and a minor coolant leak). Anyone from Denver who could recommend a good mechanic?

Thanks!!
    BMW...Freude am Fahren

I like 'Tillery's' on 110 Broadway (about Speer and Broadway) 303-830-2608. They specialize in BMW, MB, and Volvo. Doug Paddock is the owner, he and his guys have always taken good care of the two BMW's I've used them for, and other friend's cars I've recommended to them -always fair and honest imo. His main BMW mechanic Jimmy owns an E34 (530i iirc) so they definitely know what they're looking at re: E34's. Tell them you heard of them from me.
    When are you moving to Denver? -We should hookup some time.
    You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

Default Shop in Colorado springs

If you'll be closer to Colorado Springs, try Import Auto,
    2265 La Montana Way, Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - Phone: (719) 260-0992, ask for Ali

They did a full top-end rebuild on my e28 m20 for a reasonable price a few years ago when the timing belt self-destructed on my wife on a road trip as she was passing thru. It cost another $500 vs. doing it myself & would have had to have it towed 400 miles to get it back to my garage. It bent 5 intakes & 2 exhaust valves (or visa-versa?) & put a dimple in the top of one piston. They do honest work at fair prices.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Default Moving to the Denver area

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    I like 'Tillery's' on 110 Broadway (about Speer and Broadway) 303-830-2608. They specialize in BMW, MB, and Volvo. Doug Paddock is the owner, he and his guys have always taken good care of the two BMW's I've used them for, and other friend's cars I've recommended to them -always fair and honest imo. His main BMW mechanic Jimmy owns an E34 (530i iirc) so they definitely know what they're looking at re: E34's. Tell them you heard of them from me.
    When are you moving to Denver? -We should hookup some time.
    Patrick, thanks for the information. I'm going to be looking for a place to rent (probably near Boulder) very soon. I have to move the first week of April. If you want, send me a private message.
    Once again, thanks for the info!.

Matias
    BMW...Freude am Fahren

Another resounding endorsement of Doug. He's fast, friendly and frugal.

I had been planning to go to him for Service II on my 1992 525 Touring, but last week she overheated and left me stranded roadside. I had it towed to Doug without having ever met him or seen his shop, based on the comments from Patrick and others here in this Forum.

Doug fixed the problem by replacing the themostat, water pump and associated cooling system parts, saved a couple of bucks on parts in the process, was forthright about the work he did and realistic about other work I plan to have done over the next few months. He'd never met me, but gave me his cell phone number, called with regular progress updates and even invited me to come by the shop on a Saturday morning to pick up the car! A real pleasure to do business with.

By the way, he thinks I might hold the high mile record for a stock water pump at around 153,000 miles. Any thoughts on whether he's right?

EDIT: FYI he's now at a new location in LoDo, (20th and Lawrence) and goes by "Station Automotive."
    Last edited by hauler_525iT; 04-19-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Default Where is Doug?

I've been going to Doug for several years, since before the move to LoDo. But a couple of weeks ago when I called expecting to talk to him the "other" owner was there. It seems they've parted ways. I had them fix my car anyway at the 5th and broadway location because that is where it was closest to tow it but I'm not happy about going back anymore. The service I received wasn't the same, the explanation of what they did wasn't clear and it wasn't detailed even though I asked several times. Anyone know what happened to Doug and if he's going to start something somewhere else? I'll be the first customer in line. - E