GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: srs airbag sensor

Default srs airbag sensor

Does anyone know if the SRS sensor will "reset" possibly after a certain amount of key starts?

I just changed out the key lock cylinder assembly on my steering wheel and the SRS sensor is now on.

I know it was suggested to disconnect the battery, but we didnt do that for the procedure, and everything went fine with the change of the cylinder, but now the airbag light is on and is there any other way that it will reset itself or is the only answer to go to the stealer?

Anyone have any suggestions on this and how much it costs for the reset if I have to go to stealer?

Thanks...

Default No,it won't reset itself after x amount of key starts. The dealer prices vary

greatly to do the reset, the average being around 45. Consider yourself extremely lucky that you didn't set the airbag off in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by itsonlyme2
    Does anyone know if the SRS sensor will "reset" possibly after a certain amount of key starts?

I just changed out the key lock cylinder assembly on my steering wheel and the SRS sensor is now on.

I know it was suggested to disconnect the battery, but we didnt do that for the procedure, and everything went fine with the change of the cylinder, but now the airbag light is on and is there any other way that it will reset itself or is the only answer to go to the stealer?

Anyone have any suggestions on this and how much it costs for the reset if I have to go to stealer?

Thanks...

After hitting a really bad pot hole a vary illegal speeds, I blew a strut, bent my wheel and set off the SRS light. I went to the local dealer in Bellevue, and they reset the SRS for free.

Default wow! must be cool dealership

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn80
    After hitting a really bad pot hole a vary illegal speeds, I blew a strut, bent my wheel and set off the SRS light. I went to the local dealer in Bellevue, and they reset the SRS for free.
    I wish I lived in Bellevue!!! wherever that is? washington maybe?

I am sure that my local here in Riverside, CA is not the type for that does anything for free....I had just checked with them to see how much it would cost to get the serial Number from the back of the stereo and that was a flat $45....so I will find out soon this price....thanks for the heads up though.

lol....