GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Stuffed up coolant change help please

Default Stuffed up coolant change help please

Well I started to do my coolant change I undid the bolt at the bottom of the
    radiator and drained I only got 1 gal out I thought thats not much flushed the rest out with hose.
    refilled then blead.(first time for me) steam pissed out then coolant dribbling
    into the fan SQUEAK SQUEAK now I'm freaking out!!!!the bubbles stoped.
    Done same again&again
    then drove around the block and blead for the last time.
    reread how to onhttp://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/engine/Coolant%20replacement.htm
    and found out that I missed a bolt!!

"4. Move the pan under the under the block drain plug (located at the rear of the engine, on the exhaust side below cylinder #6). Spray with WD40 then remove 19mm drain plug. I think you should be prepared because it is going to be messy."

That's were the rest of the water must be!!!
    I can't find the bolt all I can see Is two lines running into the trans pan (I think) that has a bolt that big but I don't want to touch it in case it's the wrong one.
    Can anyone help out a poor dumbass ,thanks for reading this long post.

About midway up the passenger side of the engine, at the very back of the engine bay, you will see a 19 mm bolt that is screwed into the side of the block. It's kind of hard to get to, you'll need a universal swivel to obtain the correct angle on your socket. Cover the O2 sensor with a rag. Once the bolt comes out, it pours all over the exhaust manifold and runs all over the place. Just prepare yourself for a mess. It's best to run the car up on ramps or jackstands, it helps when you are filling the system to vent the trapped air out. Just fill it slowly with a 50/50 mix of BMW blue and distilled water, nothing else. This of course after you have re-installed the plug with a new copper crush washer.

Jr

I was able to get mine with a standard socket and a small extension (on my M30 -- could be different on whatever kind of motor you've got). It's higher up on the block than you might suspect. The trans cooler lines are on the other side of the block in my car. I approached the bolt from the pass side of the car, looked up past the heat shields and subframe...and there it is.

Make sure you have the heat and fan set to HIGH, with the key in the ignition (NOT with the motor running, of course) - that'll get the aux water pump moving and it'll help get the old stuff out of the heater core.

best, whit

Thank's to JR & Lowell

I think I have found the right bolt,but do not have the right tool to try it out will get them off a mate next weekend.

Once again Thank's guy's