GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the 'memory' feature supposed to work on the e34?

Default How's the 'memory' feature supposed to work on the e34?

im refering to the "learning" option (i think that's what its called inthe manual?). when you press the turn signal lever IN (towards the steering wheel), and hold it for about 5 seconds or so, the lcd on the OBC changes to "P1". i can hit, say, "Date" and then it changes to P2 and so on.

how is this suppsoed to work? should i be able to save something in the memory so when i press that button in again, the info will show up on the display by the gauges? if it is, i think mine is broken or something, becuase it does not show up there...

you can program the display for the obc functions you want.You press and hold the stalk button till you get the P1 or whatever and then you press the obc buttons relating to the dispay you want to see on the dash.I am not sure wether you press the stalk again or just wait to accept the settings.If you want only the time and temp thats all you press.When you press the stalk you get the time; press again for temp ;press again for time............
    Gone but not forgotten

yeah, i go through that routine..
    after getting the P1 message, i hit "date/time". then, i try to see what happens if i just wait.. nothing.. i did the same, but hit the signal in again, still nothing. i tried pressing the "SR" buttong. and again, nothing comes up on the screen if i hit the signal in after that to have those message show up.

ok ok, you guys have got me all excited here. I've got a 92 525i with just the simple OBC, no gas mileage or anything. Now my display on the dash usually reads F/Front Fog becaue my front fog lights don't work. I know this though, and I certainly don't need it to tell me every time. Is there a way to clear this and have say the time on there instead. You would make me the happiest guy around if you have an answer.
    1992 525iM: Illusion Audio, US Amps, LPG, EAT chip
    1976 2002: MB Quart, Kenwood, Weber Carb

Woooo there...sir, please try to restrain yourself...we don't want to see an accident occur that would potentially embarrass you and the other viewers. I have heard roomers about this...and let me tell you the results are ugly. You surely don't want your keyboard coated in white sticky fluid... LOL

Wish I could help you out with your on board display problem... sorry, but my only suggestion is to replace your fog light

Default if they are

dysfunctional because the bulbs are blown/gone, the obc on my car won't say anything so long as I don't activate the foglight switch. i take it that youy have a more significant fault somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by dunderchief
    ok ok, you guys have got me all excited here. I've got a 92 525i with just the simple OBC, no gas mileage or anything. Now my display on the dash usually reads F/Front Fog becaue my front fog lights don't work. I know this though, and I certainly don't need it to tell me every time. Is there a way to clear this and have say the time on there instead. You would make me the happiest guy around if you have an answer.

ok, maybe not that excited, but the damned message is kind of annoying and it would be great to get rid of it. And I can flip the switch all I want and the message never goes away.
    1992 525iM: Illusion Audio, US Amps, LPG, EAT chip
    1976 2002: MB Quart, Kenwood, Weber Carb

Default the answer is fix the foglight, no way to clear it or see the obc up there til you do

Quote Originally Posted by dunderchief
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

A piece of electrical tape works nice or a piece of paper with scotch tape.

I understand your frustration, my brakes recently wore thin and cause the brake sensor to trip. As a result I had a warning message appear on my display and all I wanted to do was make it go away. It's so bright and annoying! Plus, as you stated, nothing else can display until the problem is corrected. The worst part was I stupidly assumed that the problem was with the front brake pads. After having them replaced, I anxiously jumped in the car expecting to see the message disappear. To my surprise it was not! At first I thought something else needed to be done, you know, like re-set the computer or something. Fortunately, the guys on the forum made me realize my stupidity and I have since replace the rear brakes. Ta-da, No more warning message! Lesson learned. And figured I'd share it with you just in-case...

Plus, as you stated, nothing else can display until the problem is corrected.
    AHHHHH!! There you go. now i know why none of my stuff shows. it says "Fix Fog Lights", but i dont HAVE any fog lights. i bought the car without any in there. can i just take the fuse out or something so that message goes away?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast