GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 3 series E90

excuse my ignorance but what in the F is bluetooth?....lol.
    Is bluetooth a code name for the tail pipe?
    Guess I got to get out more.
    George

i thought you woulda known, http://www.bluetooth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    excuse my ignorance but what in the F is bluetooth?....lol.
    Is bluetooth a code name for the tail pipe?
    Guess I got to get out more.
    George
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default All in the eyes ......

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMan
    needs getting used to
    I think this quote says it all.

I must say I find the controversy regarding the "Bangle-isation" of BMW fascinating.
    When I first saw the new 7 series in the flesh I must say I caught my breath and thought what a quantum leap had been made.
    I think the E 60 is probably the nicest looking new car on the road, I obviously love my E 34 but unfortunately I dislike the E39. (I say unfortunately as an E 39 will probably be my next BMW given their amazing affordability at the moment - especially her in Oz - relatively speaking.)
    The E 90 seems very conservative after the E 60 but is very attractive in photos and I will wait to see it in the flesh.
    Obviously not everyone shares my views, but when you look at cars like the Honda Accord Euro - it is obviously greatly influenced by the new BMW styling direction, as, to a lesser extent in my eyes, is the new Subaru Liberty.
    Having said all that, I thought the X5 was ugly when I first saw it, however it has grown on me in light of the new designs and I can now appreciate it.
    What I am suggesting is that given time many of you (but perhaps not you George M or you John Lacson ) will see the new styling direction for the visionary approach to car design that I believe it to be.
    Now if only they would improve the I-Drive...........
    Last edited by Zeuk in Oz; 03-14-2005 at 01:51 AM.

Bluetooth is a short range wireless communications protocol, used in various applications like cell phones, computers, printers and other electronics. It provides for short distance communications and networking capabilities.

In the new bimmers all you have to do is have your phone with you in the car, and you can use your car as a phone. The phone syncs up with the car, and you can speak to the cars microphone, and listen to the cars speakers, in the stead of the phone. Cool technology albeit a little unnerving from a security perspective. But Bluetooth is supposed to be very secure, and only the phone that you sync with it is supposed to be able to talk to it.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...9&sid=95609566

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i thought you woulda known, http://www.bluetooth.com/
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default it looks like a pontiac

For the first time, I saw a 5er followed by a pontiac in slow traffic moving in the oppoisite direction... The similarity was striking/appauling. To see the two cars together is just upsetting. I've confused a 6er for a pontiac before too. not good. I used to think the 5 was ok, but after this morning im having second thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by lino
    I love the car. I think they did an incredible job with it. It's like a "Mini 7". BTW, do you work for one of the dealers?

Hey Lino,
    yeah i do work at a dealer in south africa. I belive they say that we produce some of the best examples of the 3 here. I must say, i do not mind mr bangles designs too much. But i do not like the 3's rear... to rice for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123