GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: car won't start

Default car won't start

735i 1988
    So... i started my car and drove down my street and the car didn't feel right but i though that maby the computer was changing fuel maps or something and thought nothing of it and then about 5 minuts later the engine started missing and running like crap and would not go over 2500 rpm's so i thought that i was running out of gas... cause it felt just like it so i quickly go into a gasstation and put in 10 $ in gas... car won't start... so i push it to the parkinglot right next to the gas station and park it over night and go back the next day and it starts so i decide to let it warm up and instantly it begins to bog down and die... so i decide to have it towd home so i can look at and wrench on it. now that its home iv taken out the fuel filter and bypassed it tempararly, unpluged the computer hoping to recet it or somthing and checked the fuel tank for (any mistory substence, suger or anything dumb)... so i decide to see if it has spark and inject some gas into the throttle body and crank the engine and it fires up and dies once the fuel i put in gets used up... so iv concluded that i have fuel preshure compression and spark but no fuel injectors... so im wondering where to go from here... any help would be grately appriciated

-pyro

check fuel pump pressure at the filter. I would have guessed fuel filter, really shouldnt bypass it!!!! if you can blow through it put it back on.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

ops i already lit it on fire

-pyro

Pyro:
    I already replied to your questions on the E32 Underground board.
    Fuel pump data in detail and also the link to the online Repair Manual of Haynes which is on my website. It is for the 3 series and the 5 series, but also many things are good for the 7 series, as you also have the M30 engine.

He found the problem.
    Quote from another E32 board:

HEY!!! FIXED THE CAR!!! i found out waht it was and it was the simplest thing... aaa put desil fuel in it when i ran outa gas... so im calling them tomrow and haveing them pay to get my fuel system and injectors flushed...

Unquote

Anybody has ever heard what damage that could do the engine?
    I believe that by just flushing the fuel system and injectors it will not be the end of his problem.