GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Does It Do?

Default What Does It Do?

On my 1992 525i, the turn signal arm has the letters "BC" and can be pushed in. What does this function do?

I think what your talking about will bring the onboard computers display up on the dot matrix display in your dash. So you can display anything the computer does there, such as your fuel economy, current temp, range till empty ect. Clicking it multiple times will cycle the display. What is not evident though is how to turn it back off once you turn it on. This annoyed me for a long time till I got a manual. To clear your indash display (because it won't automaticl go off till you turn off the car) you need to hit the 'code' button on your cars computer.
    Last edited by crashnburn80; 03-05-2005 at 01:59 PM.

or you can just push the check control knob in the dash? thats what i do.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    or you can just push the check control knob in the dash? thats what i do.
    thats is what i do too. Its the nob on the right side of the instrument cluster.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

?? How does one set the blinker stalk to remain on (like benz & porche) for when you are parked on a narrow street and you don't want to get swiped...and have it stay on after you've locked the car ??

I was told I have this function on the Euro Touring, but all my stalks are in German.

I also can never figure out the proper way to set the intermittant wiper timing. I've tried it's "on-count to ten-off-on" but I can never tell if it's set or not.....

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

How does one set the blinker stalk to remain on
    All you do is push the stalk towards the side you want to be illuminated.You have to push it all the way to the stay on indicator position,one sront parking light (left for you I spose) and one rear tailight only come on.You dont have any other switches on

the proper way to set the intermittant wiper timing
    I took a while to figure this out too!You start with the wipers in the off position,push once to the intermittent position and almost immediately turn em off again.You return to the intermitent position after the desired interval

or you can just push the check control knob in the dash
    does that clear the dash obc display ????

ps Geoff where did you get your clears?
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn80
    I think what your talking about will bring the onboard computers display up on the dot matrix display in your dash. So you can display anything the computer does there, such as your fuel economy, current temp, range till empty ect. Clicking it multiple times will cycle the display. What is not evident though is how to turn it back off once you turn it on. This annoyed me for a long time till I got a manual. To clear your indash display (because it won't automaticl go off till you turn off the car) you need to hit the 'code' button on your cars computer.
    Perhaps this function is not working on my 525i as pushing in the lever does nothing at all - unless it only works while the car is in motion.

Default Do you have the OBC? Is it a retrofitted one? ...

There is a Yellow/Red wire from the stalk switch to pin 25 of the OBC that handles this function, may be it is loose or not ever connected,

Javier
    Last edited by Javier; 03-05-2005 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Include wire color

Default the BC functions (on the turn indicator) have to be programmed

Quote Originally Posted by all2kool
    Perhaps this function is not working on my 525i as pushing in the lever does nothing at all - unless it only works while the car is in motion.
    ...if you haven't programmed it...or if the previous owner programmed it but the car's power (battery) has been disconnected...the programming has been lost. You must have the full featured OBC to use this function. You also can choose any or all of the OBC info to display...personally I only programmed HR/DATE/AVG MPH 1/RANGE.

To program the BC functions, turn ignition to position 2, then:
    1. push the turn stalk in towards the steering column and hold for apprx. 3-5 seconds until PROG 1 appears in the instrument cluster display.
    2. press the desired (OBC) info button(s).
    3. Press the S/R button on the OBC when finished

If you have an owners manual..this info is in there under REMOTE CONTROL.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-05-2005 at 06:21 PM.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    ps Geoff where did you get your clears?
    I got the fronts from bavarian autoparts. I made the rears myself because tourings have different buckets in the back than saloons. Only the Swedes (who have more tourings than gyad) went so far as to offer a clear kit.

Wasn't easy and you have to buy spares and cut out the ambers with a dremel tool and then glue in the clears. I smoked the inside ever so slightly with liquid tint by painting it in and then wiping it out with a paper towel (what remained was my tinting)

Have full procedure to link to to do it, but they start like this.

Then this (see how white the reproglas clear is)

Final with bulb ends painted silver so you see no amber until it's lit.

Last edited by Elekta; 03-06-2005 at 04:07 PM.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast