GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: jammed CD player--how to fix?

Default jammed CD player--how to fix?

Fumbling around in the dark, I inserted the 6 CD cassette into the trunk CD player upside down.

Now it's jammed, and won't eject. How to fix?

Mine was jammed but not in that way .
    I just undid all the screws and moved the cog's inside....pluged it in and then it spat it out.

Take it apart it's all you can do.

Default other ideas?

Any other suggestions? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dash01
    Fumbling around in the dark, I inserted the 6 CD cassette into the trunk CD player upside down.

Now it's jammed, and won't eject. How to fix?

its pretty much a no brainer.. screw drivers +screws = freeded cd cassette. you won't hurt it taking the cover off and consiering it only has one button i doubt theres some complicated electronic procedure to make the player un-break its self. it'll be fun, come on, everyone loves taking stuff apart. the little mounting bracket is cool too..

or well... you just jam a coat hanger in there or something. you can take pics and post a write up later!

Default LOL@Infinity!

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    its pretty much a no brainer.. screw drivers +screws = freeded cd cassette. you won't hurt it taking the cover off and consiering it only has one button i doubt theres some complicated electronic procedure to make the player un-break its self. it'll be fun, come on, everyone loves taking stuff apart. the little mounting bracket is cool too..

or well... you just jam a coat hanger in there or something. you can take pics and post a write up later!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Now, is this a procedure that you know will actually work without damage to the CD player, or is it your idea of causing mischief that won't actually work but will cause damage to the CD player?

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5

no no, honestly. just be careful and methodical about what you're doing. there are several different cd players, so i can't be specific, but likely you'll need to take a few simple screws off the top-sides to free it from the mounting bracket and get it out of the trunk.

after that take a look at the top and bottom, and which ever looks like it comes free easier go ahead and remove it. If removing the bottom simply exposes a big circut board (like it probably will), put it back on and take the top off instead. the idea is you want to get to the magazine so you can decompress or bend whatever little catch has latched on and won't let go.

You can search the forums, but i belive for stuck magazines and stuck CDs most folks have just taken theirs apart. I believe the internal workings and pretty straight forward. just don't break anyhting, force anyhting, or cut any wires and it'll go back together good as new. you could always call the dealership and i'm sure they'll get it out free of charge

couldnt be harder than cracking a safe.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy