GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Problems with my car

Default Problems with my car

Hello All

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have the following problems on my '90 525i 5 speed, and I would like your help to id them.

1. When the engine is running on low revs in neutral, I can hear pulsing sound and feel vibration in the car, but when I push the clutch, the pulsing stops. I think it started after I had the problem with my alternator, which was later rebuild.

2. When I sift the gears in low revs, I can hear banging from the rear (maybe differential) and vibration like something is loose.

3. I have problem with my trunk lock (button). Before when I press it, it was hard getting it back, but now it is very hard to press it and get it back, I have to use screwdriver to pull it back.

Thanks

1. When the engine is running on low revs in neutral, I can hear pulsing sound and feel vibration in the car, but when I push the clutch, the pulsing stops. I think it started after I had the problem with my alternator, which was later rebuild.

possibly the twin mass flywheel is worn and rattling

2. When I sift the gears in low revs, I can hear banging from the rear (maybe differential) and vibration like something is loose.

id be looking at tranny mounts or flex coupler first, then possible bad driveshaft

3. I have problem with my trunk lock (button). Before when I press it, it was hard getting it back, but now it is very hard to press it and get it back, I have to use screwdriver to pull it back.

lube the hell outta it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it