GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Cracked see-thru plastic on instument cluster

Default Cracked see-thru plastic on instument cluster

When I had bought my '93 525i (about a 5 weeks back) the odometer (kms/miles) was not working, well I could see it very faintly at very high engine speeds but not otherwise, so I do as per one of threads regarding removal of the cluster without removing the steering wheel or unplugging the battery (no guys no airbag ) the 4 clips are out no problem, cluster comes out too with some twisting and turning. I decided I would first just change the bulbs before going on to the more complex capacitators, bulbs changed and I re-attach the clips wow everything works, putting it back in with the help of an over anxious friend we manage to get it in but not before cracking and breaking a portion of the transparent plastic (thru which we see everthing in the cluster). Guys plz tell me I can buy this seperately and I won't have to waste my now working cluster for it.
    Last edited by Ali; 03-04-2005 at 09:50 AM.

Default Frame Front 1 02/1989 62111388804 $78.12

Sorry, Ali,
    only the frame front complete. Item no. 3, as it looks like.
    click here

Buy another cpl. used one from a scrapyard. I got a complete one for 50 $ for my 750. Have the cpl. unit as spare, so I can use the front plate and also the motherboard.
    Or check with a shop which handles plastic, such as a frame shop which use often plastic instead of glass for big frames.

Thanks shogun,

That's just the thing I want Item # 3, sorry but web browsing knowledge is pretty limited shogun, can you plz find out how much it will cost me hopefully with the courier/ postal charges to Dubai, I can get a complete used cluster from the japan imported scap here for about USD 70,

Ali

Then buy the one from the Japan imported scrap for about US$ 70. Then you have a complete spare one. Look for the right colour of the motherboard.
    There are grey, white and blue colours.
    http://shrubbery.student.utwente.nl/...60/299960.html
    The front plate is of course the same, but maybe one day you can use the other parts too. Also pay attention to the fuel indicator. There are different ones with 90 and 102 Liter for the E32. The ones from the E32 and E34 fit both.
    Postage would cost probably more. I just have a unit here in front of me. It weighs 900 Gramms- 1 Kg.
    Note: the Japan version on the econometer indicate km/Liter, while the European versions indicate Liter/100 km consumption. But again, that is just the econy meter between RPM and speed indicator, not effect on the design of the housing.