GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM 17" M Parallels for the E34

Default OEM 17" M Parallels for the E34

I know they exist, but what would a PN# be and how muchy? New and Used

Is style # 66 just an E39 wheel, even tho that's not the M// I'm looking for?

Just can't see the Italian 18" M//reps or put up with the harsher ride, and now cooling off on the T-Stars a bit, but I am in the market for a decent 17" non staggered alternative to the 15 basketweaves. I'm a no-spacers required kinda buyer.

Anyone seen these on the web anywhere? Needle in a haystack? Like trying to find real **** at a laker game?
    Last edited by Elekta; 03-05-2005 at 11:27 AM.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

I've never heard of BMW 17" MPs. There is a wheel that is similar off the e39 that has split five spokes but def not a MP.

MP:

The 17"

That might be it, thanks Alan. I also like the E46 '99 328i M// lookalike but that won't fit worth sh*t.

I thought that there might have been a 17" M// for the 89-94 840i or 89-94 740i?

All I've heard is that they are extremely rare....but is there a PN# to at least make inquiries with?

ETK whizzes, your thoughts?

All I know is there is no 17" listed here for the style 37
    Last edited by Elekta; 03-05-2005 at 12:47 PM.

There is always the style 5 wheel in 17" which came on the sport packages for the e39 cars. 17" is almost to much for our roads in michigan. You could always to a 16" e38 factory bbs style wheel. You can also do a Rondell 58

From everything I found - the M parallel was only an 18" wheel. I doubt that anyone will reproduce it in anything smaller.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring

Just can't see the Italian 18" M//reps or put up with the harsher ride, and now cooling off on the T-Stars a bit, but I am in the market for a decent 17" non staggered alternative to the 15 basketweaves. I'm a no-spacers required kinda buyer.

Anyone seen these on the web anywhere? Needle in a haystack? Like trying to find real **** at a laker game?
    Somebody mentioned 17" M-Parallels a while back. I recall them saying that they were only sold on a particular Canadian delivered 540 in '94 or '95. However neither I or, apparently anyone else, has actually been able to prove 17" M-Parallels ever existed. I kind of think they are rocking horse **** myself, but if someone has seen them then please let every second poster on this forum know about, and I'll give you my order for a set right now! So out with a camera and a ruler to show they are indeed 17" M-Parallels.....
    Well?... I'm waiting!

BMW do have a 'Parallel' style 17" that is available for an E34 but, IMO, they are not anywhere as nice as the genuine M-Parallel design.
    Last edited by pundit; 03-05-2005 at 06:40 PM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Default IMHO, 17" MPars are an urban, suburban, & rural myth (LOL)

it's easy to get all the wheels that were/are available for each BMW model if you have BMW's ETK parts CD...or go to the online parts database: http://www.realoem.com/bmw

Just enter generic info for any model you want to look up...then click on the WHEEL (main group). If you click EURO when entering info...sometimes you get more choices. Maybe you'll find those elusive Canadian 17" M-Pars there!
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7
    it's easy to get all the wheels that were/are available for each BMW model if you have BMW's ETK parts CD...or go to the online parts database: http://www.realoem.com/bmw

Just enter generic info for any model you want to look up...then click on the WHEEL (main group). If you click EURO when entering info...sometimes you get more choices. Maybe you'll find those elusive Canadian 17" M-Pars there!
    Yeah. I thought I spotted the elusive Canadian '17inch M-Para' in the woods last weekend, but by the time I loaded my trusty blunderbuss with powder and lead shot, it had disappeared back into it's cave. Dammit!!

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

the ride won't be nearly as harsh as you might think. I challenge anyone on this site to tell me an 18" wheel ruined the ride of their car when they "upgraded" from a 17" set-up. The biggest difference in ride quality will come from lowering springs/struts "upgrades", not 18" rims. I will say however that the cost of an 18" package is substantially higher and the likeliness of bending an 18" wheel is greater. I do know that an E34 riding on a stock suspension w/ 18" wheels will have a better ride than 17" wheels on a lowered car, especially if lowered w/ H&R and/or Bilstein Sports. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring

it depends a lot on the tire, specifically the sidewall
    how it is constructed, and how tall it is....

for ex, max performance tires on a 17 (stock suspension)
    will ride much worse than all season tires on 18's (stock suspension)

There are no 17" M//'s

from Zareska yesterday in an email

BMW only had 18" M-parallels, as far as I know. Some
    knock off companies may make them in 17" but they will
    not be forged. I suggest you use the M5 wheels. They
    are durable and look good on the touring. I have 5
    sets of them, I like them so much.

So it looks like University of Illinois! (T-Stars or MP 18"s)

Can anyone host pics of these pn's?

rear shade 51 46 2 267 140
    rear shade holder 51 49 2 489 619 (depends on trim colour)
    fixed window shades 51 16 8 129 837/838
    rear windows sliding shades 51 16 8 117 525 (depends
    on trim colour)

I had no idea there were shades for the fixed rear windows and the hatch for the touring.....bewy bewy intawesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast