GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: getting msg "suspension levelling" ?

Default getting msg "suspension levelling" ?

To my knowledge my 535 does not have the self adjusting suspension. Or does it? This is the second time this winter I've got that message.

Is it possible I'm getting this message in error? And what's a quick check to see if I have the self levelling shocks?

Thanks
    Joe

Quick check: look under the car and see if these parts are there
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...00&hg=33&fg=50

Alternatively you can load heavy people in the rear seats and the trunk full of heavy stuff so that the rear goes down. Start engine: if the rear goes up to normal level again, you have LAD.

Quote Originally Posted by kick7ca
    To my knowledge my 535 does not have the self adjusting suspension. Or does it? This is the second time this winter I've got that message.

Is it possible I'm getting this message in error? And what's a quick check to see if I have the self levelling shocks?

Thanks
    Joe
    Most probably your car is not equiped with one,mine is not and i get that message from time to time.
    jj

Quote Originally Posted by jj7
    Most probably your car is not equiped with one,mine is not and i get that message from time to time.
    jj
    That's what I'm thinking, just a funky computer. I don't think I have it. Annoying nonetheless.

Even if you don't have LAD you might still have the level sensor which is there to warn of camber changes to the rear wheels if there is a heavy load.
    Remove Right Rear wheel and look for a black box 4 x 4 inches connected to the roll bar. it can be adjusted with a 10mm socket.

I get a similar intermittent self-leveling warning problem with my car, and it does not have the LAD system or the LAD sensor. I suspect it may be indicative of friction/crush damage to the wiring loom where it passes between the rear subframe and the chassis. I have yet to confirm this on my car. The car needs new rear subframe mount bushes, so it will currently exhibit more subframe to chassis movement than it should do with decent bushes, and i suspect this will have exacerbated the situation.

I have also read that there are cases where random OBC warnings can be indicative of water damage to one of the front loom connections. IIRC, its the plug for the front bumper kit (foglights, OBC outside temp sensor etc) that is suspect.

Hope this might be of some help, even if it is my first post here.