GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Touch Electonic Lane Changer

Default One Touch Electonic Lane Changer

I just fitted this One Touch Lane Changer to my 1995 E34 This is one the best gadgets I've Used it took 15 Mins to install. My buddy has fitted one on his porsche he loves it
    Apparently this One Touch Lane Changer feature is standard on all new 6 & 7 series now. If any one is interested I got from www.kahtec.com
    I also bought there back up sensors kit only 34 bucks but thats thats next weekends project

hmm i ordered the tail light flasher thing
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Every time I drive a rental Audi in Germany it has this feature. Drives me f**ing nuts. Apparently you have to switch it "on again" to turn it off if you want it to stop before it wants to stop. But if you turn it off just after it turned itself off, it's turned on again. It's all too much for me to get to grips with in the dark while lost and flat out on the Autobahn!

I actually think the biggest problem I have is that I'm not expecting it and so it seems like the switch has stuck or something. After a few stroboscopic miles with one or other flasher going and randomly switching between them while yelling and cursing I manage to leave it alone and I switch it "hard" onto the flasher I want after that. Cursed thing!

I guess I'm just old and losing my mental flexibility. Sigh.

Damian
    "If you can't be safe, be stylish."

Quote Originally Posted by ach645eme
    I just fitted this One Touch Lane Changer to my 1995 E34 This is one the best gadgets I've Used it took 15 Mins to install. My buddy has fitted one on his porsche he loves it
    Apparently this One Touch Lane Changer feature is standard on all new 6 & 7 series now. If any one is interested I got from www.kahtec.com
    I also bought there back up sensors kit only 34 bucks but thats thats next weekends project
    Does it affect the blink frequency of the signal when you flip the switch all the way down?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett619310
    Does it affect the blink frequency of the signal when you flip the switch all the way down?
    No not at all when you do the one touch it just blinks 6 times then stops and when you use your turnsignal Normally there is no difference I just counted mine its about a second on a second off thtas the same as normal blink rate

I have just ordered another one for my wifes explorer she likes this feature

Default third brake light flasher

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    hmm i ordered the tail light flasher thing
    Does it it work OK ??? I followed a Caddy the other day that had this it was cool

Quote Originally Posted by black_bird_blue
    Every time I drive a rental Audi in Germany it has this feature. Drives me f**ing nuts. Apparently you have to switch it "on again" to turn it off if you want it to stop before it wants to stop. But if you turn it off just after it turned itself off, it's turned on again. It's all too much for me to get to grips with in the dark while lost and flat out on the Autobahn!

I actually think the biggest problem I have is that I'm not expecting it and so it seems like the switch has stuck or something. After a few stroboscopic miles with one or other flasher going and randomly switching between them while yelling and cursing I manage to leave it alone and I switch it "hard" onto the flasher I want after that. Cursed thing!

I guess I'm just old and losing my mental flexibility. Sigh.

Damian
    Not with this one its just simple one touch I've had it stalled for 3days now I use my indicators more because its so simple

Is it that hard to just hold the turn signal on for a few seconds. I know the new cars have this - it just seems like one more thing to blow up. "Yes sir, that will be $650 parts and labor for the new turn signal module in your E65, due to the bulb that shorted out and fried the brain"
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    Is it that hard to just hold the turn signal on for a few seconds. I know the new cars have this - it just seems like one more thing to blow up. "Yes sir, that will be $650 parts and labor for the new turn signal module in your E65, due to the bulb that shorted out and fried the brain"
    This device has its own micro proccesor it Isolates it self from ECU when in use that why I bought it :

Flashing six times? Seems a bit extreme to me. I'm trying to visualize where this would actually help me in driving and I can't see it. Maybe merging onto the highway. Yeah I guess that would help when there's a long run.

Now for the third brake thingy. That's quite annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast