GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anti-theft radio

Default Anti-theft radio

My wife just got a second hand 525i, model 1995. the batery seemed weak and we decided to change it. however, upon connecting it. the radio showed the message "Code_ _ _ _". Of course , to make it worse, whatever book should have come with it, was lost long ago . How can i go about getting the code from whoever? Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bahraoui

Default You'll have to remove the radio and get the serial number off the back then go to

the bmw dealer with this number and proof of ownership and they can give you the code.

Quote Originally Posted by bahraoui
    My wife just got a second hand 525i, model 1995. the batery seemed weak and we decided to change it. however, upon connecting it. the radio showed the message "Code_ _ _ _". Of course , to make it worse, whatever book should have come with it, was lost long ago . How can i go about getting the code from whoever? Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bahraoui

Default any BMW dealership can look up the CODE ...

Quote Originally Posted by bahraoui
    Thanks
    Bahraoui
    ...if you provided them with the serial number off the back of the unit plus verification of ownership (it IS supposed to be ANTI-THEFT) .

Even if the radio booklet is missing...if you have/had any paperwork in the glove box...look through it (or the owners manual) and see if there is a 5 digit number (with no digits higher than 6...which happens to be the number of radio buttons available)... written on anything. Many former owners have had the same experience you had...and will jot the number down in an inconspicous place.

Good luck...to remove the radio...look for little flaps/doors on each side of the radio...open them and you will see a 5-sided screw behind the door...turn them to move the compression wings inward which will allow you to slide the radio out. You can see the screw behind the flap in the pic below:
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default ahhh, ya beat me to the punch while I was ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    the bmw dealer with this number and proof of ownership and they can give you the code.
    uploading the pic!
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

And i thought it'll take sometimes before i any answer. BMW's owners are fast aren't they? Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.
    Now i'll get to it and see if, back here in this part of the world (UAE), i can get the code!