GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somebody Help Me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Have you tried the clips used for GM window cranks? They are the same style and at least VERY close in size. Every domestic auto parts store has a dusty package of them for around a buck.
    So I've got the cover and it's got the little clips in it like in those great pics.

But, neither car has those nut/post mounts on the heater valve assembly. Both cars have just a flanged nut in those positions.

And those posts look like the crappy drawing of part #17 in the heater valve diagram. And I can't get a part # for that.

Seems to me that these heater valve covers are more common on Euro model E34's and that I'll have to try getting a set of them off of someone's parts car in Europe. Unless you've got some of those lying around that you'd sell me...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build

Quote Originally Posted by FEDE535i View Post
    bubba, these are the pics....

The cover goes mounted on the nut with the clips.

I think that you understand if I put the pics, because my English very poor!! jejee
    Thank you very much for the pics. Now I just need to find 2 sets of those mounting posts so that I can get these covers on.

And don't worry about the English. The pics showed me quite well what I needed to know. And I can use those to find what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Thank you very much for the pics. Now I just need to find 2 sets of those mounting posts so that I can get these covers on.

And don't worry about the English. The pics showed me quite well what I needed to know. And I can use those to find what I need.
    Finally found a parts diagram that looks to have the right part #. Apparently I've been trying to find the wrong part #. Looked at an older Euro E32 730 and it listed 2 different covers. And the one with the right part # had different nuts for the heater valve. It listed hex nuts for a different style cover, and cap nuts for the right cover. Part # on those cap nuts is 64 11 1 388 004

Looks like I'll be off to the dealer tomorrow on the way home from work to order myself 2 sets of those and the cover for my car (as I already have the cover for my friends car). I'll appreciate having that cover on my car. And I know my friend will too. The heater valve doesn't look right with that cover missing. My friend noticed that shortly after she bought her Touring 3 years ago. I've tried to get this taken care of for her a couple of different times over the last 3 years. Will be nice to finally get it done if those are the right nuts.

Oh, and in case you wanted to know what #17 is in the heater valve diagram, it's on that old E32 diagram I looked up. It lists it as a valve of some sort and says it should cost $110 or so.

Do you've pics of your actual heater valve (Without the cover)??

I don't understand, your actual cap nuts are different that my pics??

My car is German.

If you need the nuts as my heater valve, I can see if I can found in the BMW store of my country and then I'll send you.

Ok, got some pics of what's going on for you.

So, here's my heater valve as it was.

Here's the proper cap nut on the left, and the hex nut that was on the car on the right.

Here's the cap nuts installed on my heater valve.

And here's the heater valve with the cover on it.

Also got the cover installed on my friends '95 525iT as hers was like mine. Hex nuts and no cover.

Got a pic for you of the positive jumper terminal without the cover on it.

And here's the underside of the positive jumping terminal cover.

Oh, and if anyone else cares to install the heater valve cover and needs the part numbers for the cover and the cap nuts the cover is part 64 11 1 388 000 and the cap nuts (need 3 of them) are part 64 11 1 388 004.

And if you're in the US you might want to order those from someplace like mileoneparts.com as the nuts are like $10 each, and the cover is $15 or so. Should be a little cheaper from Mile One.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123