PDA

View Full Version : Driver seat leather replacement

freeparking
01-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Is there a way to replace the leather on the drivers seat or do I need to buy
a used seat? Ive been doing some searching an havent found much but some used seats just as worn as mine. My leather is light grey.

Paul in NZ
01-29-2005, 05:40 PM
you can redye and refinish your seats,someone is sure to have a procedure.Thats the beauty of leather it can be refinished.

danzee
01-29-2005, 08:28 PM
My grey leather was worn with a hole on the driver's bolster. After much searching like you are doing, I gave up trying to find a seat or skins had a local upholstery shop replace the panel. They showed me samples of a variety of leather and vinyl material to make a good texture and colour match in the shop, then ordered the one I chose. It turned out great.
I removed and replaced the seat myself. It saved me a few bucks, and I did it right so the SRS system did not complain. Really a pretty easy job. Total cost was $70. OE skins would have been $600 just for the material.
Z

RIPN RAY
01-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I removed and replaced the seat myself. It saved me a few bucks, and I did it right so the SRS system did not complain. Really a pretty easy job. Total cost was $70. OE skins would have been $600 just for the material.
Z

did you have to give them the worn skin so they could duplicate it? or how did they do it?

Kalevera
01-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Leatherique :)

Great product. If you've got some minor cuts, or it's just losing the dye, I'd use it. Else get a new(er) seat from a wrecker.

http://www.leatherique.com

best, whit

danzee
01-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Then they removed the cover, replaced the panel(s), and refitted it back on the seat. I reinstalled the seat.

did you have to give them the worn skin so they could duplicate it? or how did they do it?