PDA

View Full Version : One of you bastiges has to know.....how to reassemble the a/s/m switch so that.....

ryan roopnarine
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
it werks. took mine apart and gingerly cleaned the insides. when i put it back together, it clicks as though the movement is smooth in both directions, and down, but when i hook it up to the car, it sticks in M mode until I unplug it so it defaults to E. AFIAK, as a decent student of engineering and relatively capable individual able to homebrew ham radio stuff and mechanical switching stuff, it LOOKS as though it should work internally, IE all 3 springs present, no broken plastic, indentations where the spring returns are supposed to set down, contacts are pristine....do i have to grease this thing (don't wanna) to get it to work properly?????

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 02:55 PM
it's probably not the switch then, I have the same problem and replaced it. Kirt says its probably a bad selenoid on the valvebody or questionable wiring ... so until I check it mine dont work. Any other ideas?

ryan roopnarine
02-16-2004, 05:25 PM
a comprehensive transmission computer scan for the repair in jan turns up no tranny faults, and the sunroof switch works perfectly when i swap it out. for the a/m switch.

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 05:56 PM
a comprehensive transmission computer scan for the repair in jan turns up no tranny faults, and the sunroof switch works perfectly when i swap it out. for the a/m switch.

JR'Z 525
02-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Ryan,
I second that. I also took my a/t switch apart to clean a few months ago and had the same scenario when I reinstalled it. New switch was the fix.
JR
92 525

Chris M
02-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Mine has never worked. I have never really had the occasion to need it with ASC+T. I wonder if I swap out my sunroof switch if it willl work. Is the sunroof switch the same as the A-M switch on my console with different values printed on the switch?

ryan roopnarine
02-16-2004, 07:51 PM
it is just marked differently....the back of the switch has guides that prevent one from plugging it in wrong in either location.

Mine has never worked. I have never really had the occasion to need it with ASC+T. I wonder if I swap out my sunroof switch if it willl work. Is the sunroof switch the same as the A-M switch on my console with different values printed on the switch?

ryan roopnarine
02-16-2004, 09:52 PM
the sunroof switch in.....for some reason it isn't changing. i got this to work once before so i'm not sure what's up.