PDA

View Full Version : 0-60

BMW524td1993
02-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Is it strange that my E34 dieselAt goes from 0-60 in 10.9sec?
In the manual it sais 14,0sec...

regards

sp klint

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 01:38 PM
9 seconds from dead idle, can get it much better by loading the brake and starting the watch as soon as I release it.

ryan roopnarine
02-16-2004, 01:40 PM
EC or german laws specifying ways in which that test must be conducted to ensure reproducibility....something may have been in your favor to allow you to get that speed......honestly, timing my 525i 92 gets me better than the manual's 0-60 time, and it can get me about 32 mpg at 55 mph on level road, much higher than the EPA's 25 mpg specification.

Dick Schneiders
02-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I suppose I should try it sometime to see what my mpg would be, but what would be the point? I would never drive that slowly again, anyway! I do know what my mpg is at 80 mph and on up, but it isn't quite as good as your 55 mph reading. My wife likes me to have the top speed warning set on our two 525i's at 80 mph so that she can tell when I get up that fast. However, as long as I keep the car at a steady 85 or so, the beep never goes off, other than the first time, and by keeping the dash lights dimmed down, she usually never knows.

Is mpg at 55 mph some sort of industry benchmark?

Dick Schneiders

EC or german laws specifying ways in which that test must be conducted to ensure reproducibility....something may have been in your favor to allow you to get that speed......honestly, timing my 525i 92 gets me better than the manual's 0-60 time, and it can get me about 32 mpg at 55 mph on level road, much higher than the EPA's 25 mpg specification.

ryan roopnarine
02-16-2004, 05:37 PM
48 or 49 is supposed to be the EPA fuel measurement speed, i'm not too sure.....mostly i drive that speed because when i don't have to be anywhere in a hurry i try to save gas.... my 109 mile trip home uses only about 3.7 gallons or so (hand calc'd). its also a good speed to be able to stop for stranded motorists.....as this road is the primary route for two of the state universities in fl..... i can usually lend assistance, as breakdows usually consist of flat tires, or overheating cars that can limp home if provided with a gallon of water or so.

m0bius
02-17-2004, 04:04 AM
I suppose I should try it sometime to see what my mpg would be, but what would be the point? I would never drive that slowly again, anyway! I do know what my mpg is at 80 mph and on up, but it isn't quite as good as your 55 mph reading. My wife likes me to have the top speed warning set on our two 525i's at 80 mph so that she can tell when I get up that fast. However, as long as I keep the car at a steady 85 or so, the beep never goes off, other than the first time, and by keeping the dash lights dimmed down, she usually never knows.

Is mpg at 55 mph some sort of industry benchmark?

Dick Schneiders

Why can't your wife just look at the speedo? :p