PDA

View Full Version : Need A Carfax Pleeeeaaase!!! Wbshd9304nbk06403

BigD
02-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Wbshd9304nbk06403

DueyT
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
///Mmmmmmmm....what does it look like, BigD?

BigD
02-16-2004, 12:45 PM
The guy doesn't seem to be BSing me. The test drive (1 hour long) went great. He said it has been in an accident. I want to know more. Make sure he's not trying to hide anything. I will still have an M5 expert look at it (Will Z).

http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotrader/photos/large/2004/02-06/tdw/02-06-04tdw21-13.jpeg

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 12:50 PM
when I carfaxed mine it said it was in 3 accidents and I used it to negotiate the price, the car itself is flawless and probably in better condition because they went through the whole thing.

DueyT
02-16-2004, 01:08 PM
The guy doesn't seem to be BSing me. The test drive (1 hour long) went great. He said it has been in an accident. I want to know more. Make sure he's not trying to hide anything. I will still have an M5 expert look at it (Will Z).

http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotrader/photos/large/2004/02-06/tdw/02-06-04tdw21-13.jpeg
BigD, I don't know...maybe it's just the snow on the wheels, but it looks like the T-stars are the wrong way, i.e. shaped to push air into the wheel vice extract the air as in the M5 below. I think this means the car may have repro wheels vice the OEM #21's....some food for thought.

Cheers,
Duey

http://www.bmwm5.com/models/e34/alper.jpg

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 01:35 PM
put them on the other side of the car?

BigD
02-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I hope for the same. He says the engine was not affected in the accident. Unfortunately the idiots painted a perfectly good avus blue car into a darker blue. Oh well. It still looks nice. I love the white interior. It has a short shift kit. My first time driving one. I couldn't believe I was actually in gear. I'm so used to the foot long throw and half inch loosey goosey engagement of the standard box that I had to carefully depress the clutch to make sure. After a little while I got used to it and it was awesome! If I don't end up buying this car I will definitely put a short shift kit into my 535.

RE: wheels, that might be due to what happened to his place a week ago. He only deals bimmers, and he has two 740i sports. But one of them had 16" basketweaves. Plus the M5 was parked within a foot of another car. I asked wtf. He said a week ago a bunch of shitheads broke into his gate and stole a bunch of wheels. He said he now parks the cars really close and puts cars with crappy wheels on the outside. He also said he went to get wheel locks for them all. I guess it's possible that he pulled all the wheel covers off the M5 and put them back crooked. I'll have a look to make sure there is a left and right set.

If everything checks out and I get the loan, I'm getting this baby. The only thing that I'm really worried about is that after all the work and money I've put into the 535, I'm going to take it up the ass on trade in. He seemed to hint that I should be happy to get 5k for it (Canadian) but he says "Yours is not a basic car, and I appreciate things like that, so bring it down and I'll have a look". Sounds like ******** to me.

I've considered selling it privately but I tried selling cars before and I hate ****ing test pilots. Dreamers come down, toss the car around, and say I'll let you know and you never hear from them again. In the mean time you don't have the money, you still have an extra car to park, you risk damage to it while the goofs mess around, and you have to waste time on them.

when I carfaxed mine it said it was in 3 accidents and I used it to negotiate the price, the car itself is flawless and probably in better condition because they went through the whole thing.

DueyT
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
BigD, what year is your 535i? I would at least check trader.ca to see what similar 535's are going for. Notwithstanding that test pilots can be a pain, I think your better off selling and putting cash against the M5.

Cheers,
Duey

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
BigD, what year is your 535i? I would at least check trader.ca to see what similar 535's are going for. Notwithstanding that test pilots can be a pain, I think your better off selling and putting cash against the M5.

Cheers,
Duey

BigD
02-16-2004, 03:33 PM
It's a 1990. Trader.ca is what he has on me as "proof". There are newer cars with less or about the same KMs for like 6-8k (don't forget he'd still like to make money when he sells it). There's one on there for 10k that looks more like mine mod wise but it's a 92 vs 90, 168k vs my 205k. While I'm sure he doesn't have my suspension setup, and certainly no MAF conversion, it has nicer paint from the looks of it and that will make all the difference for 95% of the buyers out there.

I hope I can talk him down a few grand (he said he will - didn't say how much but that he can negotiate), so it would compensate for him raping me on the 535. Don't forget too, that we have 15% tax here. So if I can do a trade in, and have him knock the price down, that will also save me a lot in tax.

Cheers,
Duey

David Chen
02-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Duey's correct. Take a close look at the spokes and you'll notice they're not as wide as the ones on the Avus Blue car. That's a dead giveaway that they're the heavy, soft, cast alloy replicas.

BigD, I don't know...maybe it's just the snow on the wheels, but it looks like the T-stars are the wrong way, i.e. shaped to push air into the wheel vice extract the air as in the M5 below. I think this means the car may have repro wheels vice the OEM #21's....some food for thought.

Cheers,
Duey

http://www.bmwm5.com/models/e34/alper.jpg

BigD
02-17-2004, 01:48 AM
They're exactly the same. And those are wheel covers. You can't see the spokes with Tstars.

m0bius
02-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Don't give that car away like that!
Sell it on ebay, or hell let me sell it on Ebay for you, just sell it.

But DON'T trade it in. Think about it, and don't let him play that car dealer thing on that, he can come down, of course he can, because he upshoots his price into the sky.

So, sell your car on Ebay

Get a good deal on the M5.

BigD
02-17-2004, 01:24 PM
It's not like I want to do it. If it was in my power I wouldn't even sell the car. I would like to keep it. I have it set up perfectly having spent a lot of time and money doing so. But I also have to be realistic. First, I can't keep them both. And second, while you guys will appreciate how the car drives and handles, 99% of the buyers out there won't and they will not appreciate the fact that the paint is not mint like it is on some cars that are for sale that have been repainted.

Ebay probably won't work either. I'm in Canada. Most of the bidders will be from the US and will have to go throught the importing ********.

But I won't let him give me chump change for it. I will negotiate both my price and his (the M5) so that on convergeance, it will be more decent.

Don't give that car away like that!
Sell it on ebay, or hell let me sell it on Ebay for you, just sell it.

But DON'T trade it in. Think about it, and don't let him play that car dealer thing on that, he can come down, of course he can, because he upshoots his price into the sky.

So, sell your car on Ebay

Get a good deal on the M5.