PDA

View Full Version : Part number needed

garysaini
02-16-2004, 07:03 AM
I have 95 525I. I have to replace the plastic corrugated sleeve that moves along with the automatic transmission selector. Would anyone know part number for this. Also how difficult it is to replace it.

I also need to change the cabin air filter. I have read two versions for it one recommends to take out the glove box and other doesn't. Any thoughts about this.

Lastly, where can I find the BMW club recommended independent repair shops information.

Thanks a lot.....

Bill R.
02-16-2004, 09:22 AM
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/shift-1.jpg
A Link to Gale's site where he has the procedure for the shift gate (http://www.nmia.com/%7Edgnrg/page_13.htm)

I have 95 525I. I have to replace the plastic corrugated sleeve that moves along with the automatic transmission selector. Would anyone know part number for this. Also how difficult it is to replace it.

I also need to change the cabin air filter. I have read two versions for it one recommends to take out the glove box and other doesn't. Any thoughts about this.

Lastly, where can I find the BMW club recommended independent repair shops information.

Thanks a lot.....

kb535ia
02-16-2004, 02:49 PM

Thanks a lot.....
I replaced mine too, its simple as long as your handy. no info on the cabin filter sorry

mikey535im
02-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Gary,It takes about 2 minutes max to remove glovebox,might as well to allow the extra room to work with.
Mike

632 Regal
02-16-2004, 05:08 PM
2nd time and after it gets much faster.

"The only thing to fear is fear itself"
(Albert Einstein)