PDA

View Full Version : E34 tire balance and trembling acceleration

Muratti
02-16-2004, 04:14 AM
I own a 94' E 34 540 ia 130 k. When I apply the acclerator, the car acclerates while shaking / trembling. Especially at around 40-50 kms per hour it comes to maximum level. Later on while reaching 90 - 100 kms / hour it goes down but continues. It is not so bad but frustrating. I am using continental 4x4 winter connect tyres. The balance of 4 tyres were done but no change. The guy at the shop said that the left rear tyre has a little bump. Can it be the reason? Here the mechanincs are not very pros of bimmers, it is Kazakhstan... So anybody has an idea what can it be?

Muratti
94' 540 ia 130 k, Kazakhstan

Bill R.
02-16-2004, 09:27 AM
tires, its going to be something in the driveline itself such as the driveshaft, differential, axles or transmission... the most likely possiblility is the driveshaft and center support bearing, if you have a bad ujoint, bad center support bearing or a badcvjoint in the driveshaft then it will cause a vibration under load like you describe

I own a 94' E 34 540 ia 130 k. When I apply the acclerator, the car acclerates while shaking / trembling. Especially at around 40-50 kms per hour it comes to maximum level. Later on while reaching 90 - 100 kms / hour it goes down but continues. It is not so bad but frustrating. I am using continental 4x4 winter connect tyres. The balance of 4 tyres were done but no change. The guy at the shop said that the left rear tyre has a little bump. Can it be the reason? Here the mechanincs are not very pros of bimmers, it is Kazakhstan... So anybody has an idea what can it be?

Muratti
94' 540 ia 130 k, Kazakhstan