PDA

View Full Version : OT: A great day in sports....

George M
02-15-2004, 08:58 PM
not only did the son of racing car legend Dale Earnhardt win the Daytona 500, the super bowl of NASCAR that took his father's life but the brilliantly talented and otherwise ordinary people's champion John Daly won a PGA tour event after not winning a tournament on the US tour in nine years. John was clearly moved by what he accomplished and had fought through including alcohol addiction like a true champion.
What a performance.
George
Particularly gratifying to see Jr outrun Stewart for the championship.
Yeah Baby!

ScottyWM
02-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah, And NC State beat DUKE!!!

Shaun
02-15-2004, 10:08 PM
On the downside, the Evil Empire snagged the best player in Major League Baseball for the mere price of an over-rated second baseman and the ubiquitous PTBNL. *sigh* Every day, more and more, I become sure that the gates to hell lie under Yankee Stadium.

Dick Schneiders
02-15-2004, 10:14 PM
This was a great field that he beat and he did so today without playing his best. He played some wonderful bunker shots and other scramble shots, showing that he is far more than just a long hitter. That bunker shot on the playoff hole had me screaming at the tv. With all of his self-destructive tendencies, he is very well liked by the other players on the tour and his continuing to show that he could have been one of the best ever if he could only have controlled his lifestyle a bit more was amazing to me today.

I was really afraid he would blow up after the tought double bogey on a front side par 3, but he held it together all day.

A great story.

Dick Schneiders

not only did the son of racing car legend Dale Earnhardt win the Daytona 500, the super bowl of NASCAR that took his father's life but the brilliantly talented and otherwise ordinary people's champion John Daly won a PGA tour event after not winning a tournament on the US tour in nine years. John was clearly moved by what he accomplished and had fought through including alcohol addiction like a true champion.
What a performance.
George
Particularly gratifying to see Jr outrun Stewart for the championship.
Yeah Baby!