PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, looking for opinions on short shift experiences(m)

Uncle Paully
02-15-2004, 12:59 PM
hello everyone,
i was looking to finally pull the triger on the short shift kit and wanted to see what everyone liked and didn't like about the different kits out there.
it seems as if the autosolutions kit is the most widely used kit, be it in BMP or Bavarian Autosport guise (according to the UUC website). As side notes-UUC just came out with a new generation series, and it's a shame that Rogue Engineering doesn't offer a kit for the e34 because they appear to be the only ones that are altering the mass of the selector rod.

what do you guys like and why?

Derek A.
02-15-2004, 03:58 PM
hello everyone,
i was looking to finally pull the triger on the short shift kit and wanted to see what everyone liked and didn't like about the different kits out there.
it seems as if the autosolutions kit is the most widely used kit, be it in BMP or Bavarian Autosport guise (according to the UUC website). As side notes-UUC just came out with a new generation series, and it's a shame that Rogue Engineering doesn't offer a kit for the e34 because they appear to be the only ones that are altering the mass of the selector rod.

what do you guys like and why?

I did an complete e36 M3 setup with UUC Delrin bushings. The throw is shorter than stock, but not notchy or difficuly to shift. All the factory BMW noise isolation bits are in place. Cost wise it was about 1/3 the cost of any of the kits out there. I also replaced the coupler at the back of the transmission, those do wear out and add play to the system