PDA

View Full Version : E34 Front Fog

meinE34
02-15-2004, 01:31 AM
hi all...

im new here.. my ride is 91, m20b20. I dont hv the front fog lights and planning to install one. What do i need ?? Is the wiring ready preinstalled ?? Any wiring diagram ?? Ohh.. and i dont hv Bentley :(

Paul in NZ
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
a switch,maybe a fuse a relay and at least prt of the wiring.I would think that the main part of the loom will be the same for all cars and that you may have to add a harness from the main loom down to the bumper.You r best bet is probably to go to a junkyard and compare your car to one that has fogs.

moots
02-16-2004, 02:10 AM
hi all...

im new here.. my ride is 91, m20b20. I dont hv the front fog lights and planning to install one. What do i need ?? Is the wiring ready preinstalled ?? Any wiring diagram ?? Ohh.. and i dont hv Bentley :(

You will need:
1. relay
2. two position switch(dashboard)
3. fog lamps
4. wire harness

The wire harness reside on the lower valence and connects to an existing connector on the LH side of the car near the LH headlamp.Replace yr existing fog lamp switch with the two position switch.The 'new'connector for this 'new' switch is inside there somewhere.You also need to plug in the relay in the fuse box.I can;t remember which one.Alll in all it is plug and play.No cutting of wires,no tapping for power supply etc is required at all.

dca
02-16-2004, 03:14 AM
you will not need additional wiring, you will find all required wires there,but hidden under fenders. also you will need just a relay and a two position switch. also you will need two bulbs for fog lights.