PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Rear door locks

BobW_535
02-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Yesterday I put the beemer in for it's MOT and it failed on a few things. It's an '89 535i SE Manual...and these are my main worries.....

First up only one sidelight comes on when there's no key in the ignition and the lights are on (but not on dipped).
Secondly the rear left door lock isn't operating....has only done this in the last few days, just before my MOT!! I can't pull the lock knob up and I think i've done everything right to reset the locking system.

If you guys have any suggestions I would in your debt. I only have a week to fix it, then I have to fork out more money I can't afford for a new MOT.

Scott H
02-14-2004, 08:56 AM
it is possible that they are frozen if you are in a cold area and it has snowed or you washed the car recently. if that is the case try to find a warm place and let it sit for a day.

BobW_535
02-14-2004, 11:15 AM
wiring for the locks (next to the left boot/trunk hinge) it was coming through the mount for the aerial. Some of the wires have cracked insulation. I'm about to check the fuses to see if it's shorted..and clean up the wires cause the WD40 I sprayed on to disperse any water has become sticky and messy. Maybe I'll try soldering the wires...is that a good idea?!?!

Bob

Paul in NZ
02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
to cause problems.The wires to the boot lock can short so causing locking problems elasewhere.I dont understand your light problem.Are you saying one front parking light doesnt come on?