PDA

View Full Version : Ads on top of the pages

ilya
12-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey guys,
I'm posting this to remind you that every time you click on one of those Ads By Google on top of every page, Ed gets a few cents. He'll definitely appreciate it if you guys click on them once in a while. The money is used to support the site and the forum, so it benefits everyone. Only takes us a few seconds to click and helps Ed out quite a bit :)

So, start clickin' ;)

Johntee540
12-29-2004, 09:30 PM
U - betcha! - JT

shogun
12-30-2004, 05:10 AM
no prob if we can support with the clicks the board.

Mr Project
12-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Hmm.....I've been a-clickin' lately, but today I don't see any ads?

632 Regal
12-30-2004, 11:00 AM
there are 2 links that change when you go into threads or to the main forum. When you do go to the link click around for like a minute for it to count, if you click and close out it dont count. Another thing I noticed is it stores cookies which I clear out daily but remember they're watchin you!
LOL

Hmm.....I've been a-clickin' lately, but today I don't see any ads?

Mr Project
12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the warning to stick around for a minute after I go to the site.

I've been visiting the ads, so I know where they are, but for some reason this morning at home they weren't pulling up. Now at work they are, so maybe it was temporary.

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Sometimes a public service ad will pop up. I'm not quite sure why, but I think it'll pop up if your data, your google ad info, is not fast enough to serve the page, then the public service ad is displayed. If you refresh your browser, the public service ad will be replaced with real content.

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

And wow, you guys are really making a difference. It's not much money, but I was averaging $2 - $4 per day between Bimmer.info and Crappie.com, my two big traffic sites. And yesterday you guys made it hit $17, that the best day ever. thanks for the xmas present. Every little bit helps, especially when your out of work, thanks again, and have a happy safe New Year.

DanH
12-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Those ads are inobtrusive. They don't affect the convenience of the forum. And google is usually pretty good about advertising somewhat relevant things that might be worth looking into.