PDA

View Full Version : OT...buyer killed my joy.....

Michael C.
02-14-2004, 07:57 AM
:( Hi all, as you may have read,i just purchased my first E34 last week (95 540i6 sport)...what an amazing vehicle...but thats a different story.....
I could only do this deal if i sold my E28 ///M5, which i did (or so i thought...).The buyer backed out of the deal (looong story).
Now i'm stuck w/ 2 awsome cars.....(huh, imagine that,"Stuck" w/ theses two cars :D ).
Now comes the REALLY hard part.....i need to sell one of these cars,i would preffer to sell the E28 ///M5 ( i really,really like the 95 540i6).
I don't know what to do....any advice?,any buyers out there?

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1382

That is the info on the ///M5....the 95 540 is Cosmos black w/ parchment int. the 540 is in awsome shape AND IS TOTALLY STOCK!!! and just turned 81K miles

Michael C.

George M
02-14-2004, 08:41 AM
That is an ultra fine E-28 M5.
How much for the E-28, how many miles, how long have you owned it and where are you located?
Original paint?
Thanks,
George

Michael C.
02-14-2004, 08:56 AM
That is an ultra fine E-28 M5.
How much for the E-28, how many miles, how long have you owned it and where are you located?
Original paint?
Thanks,
George

George, it has 91k miles,i have owned it for 3+ years.... all original paint except for the pass. rear door ( parking lot "mishap").no body work,just a re-spray...matches perfectly...located outside Philadelphia (western suburbs...).
truley an awsome car ;)

Michael C.
you can call me at work today...610-668-1277

DrewZ
02-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Might as well throw it on ebay, autotrader, cars.com, Roadflea, Turner classifieds, BMW CCA online classifieds & see what happens. As much as I like E28s, I'd rather see another E34 at the track . . .

Drew Zacharda
http://members.aol.com/apzjd/newavatar.jpg

:( Hi all, as you may have read,i just purchased my first E34 last week (95 540i6 sport)...what an amazing vehicle...but thats a different story.....
I could only do this deal if i sold my E28 ///M5, which i did (or so i thought...).The buyer backed out of the deal (looong story).
Now i'm stuck w/ 2 awsome cars.....(huh, imagine that,"Stuck" w/ theses two cars :D ).
Now comes the REALLY hard part.....i need to sell one of these cars,i would preffer to sell the E28 ///M5 ( i really,really like the 95 540i6).
I don't know what to do....any advice?,any buyers out there?

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1382

That is the info on the ///M5....the 95 540 is Cosmos black w/ parchment int. the 540 is in awsome shape AND IS TOTALLY STOCK!!! and just turned 81K miles

Michael C.

George M
02-14-2004, 09:42 AM
A very nice car Michael....not overly modded and relatively low mileage for its age. Care to share your asking price with members on this forum?
Thanks,
George

DueyT
02-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Micheal, I think you had already made your decision, it's just that something you hadn't anticipated now "makes" you have to reconfirm (or reconsider) your original decision.

Your E28 is a very nice car...no doubt about it! But for a second, pretend there was no badging on either you E28 or E34, and you weren't allowed to peek under the hood of either... Driving both of them, which one gives you that unremovable-grin for the most of your driving spectrum?

An M-car has a special blend of exclusivity in combination with excellent power and performance. Your 540i/6 does not have the "peer-recognized" exclusivity of an M-car, but how does its physical power and performance grab you, an M E28 v. M(-) E34? I don't pretend for a second that my 540i/6 is an M5, but it probably is not that far off the mark in performance and power (having recently done brake pads, as an example, I was impressed with the "almost-M" sized rotors and calipers...heck, the rear ventilated disks of my 540 are bigger than the front rotors on my Jetta!!!)

Post pics of the new beast and we'll help you through this. Consider Mark D'Sylva's offer to win a chip if you buy one now...1 in 7 odds of getting it free are pretty good!

Something tells me you're having fun with the 540i/6 though... ;)

Cheers,
Duey

Scott H
02-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Good luck!

Alan_525i
02-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Mike, glad to hear you got the 540. I'm jealus. Anyone who buys yr will be very happy with it as I know how you've taken care of it. Good luck.

Michael C.
02-14-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm asking $17,000.

Michael C.
02-14-2004, 11:18 AM
I will post some pix asap...prolly later today or Sunday (don't have my digi w/me).

George M
02-14-2004, 11:24 AM
as Drew mentioned your best bet would be broaden your campaign to sell the car as much as possible because it is a niche car that appeals to a small cross-section of the car buying public. Even selling a more modest E-34 in nice shape for less than half the price can take six months. You have a lot of competition in that price range for a high performance Sunday driver as the person that will spend that amount will likely be a collector that knows a great deal about that car...so you will have to be very patient with your sell.
As another data point one can find a pristine '91-92 low miles E-34 M5 with 3.8 liter motor for around $20k if not just underneath.
Again, it is a very nice car and probably one of the finest M5 E-28's around.
Good luck with your sale.
George

Michael C.
02-14-2004, 11:36 AM
I think as of now....i'm on 6 or 7 classifieds (Roadfly,mye28,m-series.com,BMW CCA national and local chapter boards and prolly a few others that i have forgotten about.I have to start all over again, cause i thought the car was sold and let some of the classifieds lapse....Well i will try again!

Bruno
02-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I would sell both and buy an E34 M5...
Here in Canada they go for 15000 US.

Jon K
02-15-2004, 11:25 AM
I would sell both and buy an E34 M5...
Here in Canada they go for 15000 US.
I can attest that his car is in INSANELY immaculate condition. I have many pictures of it on my fileserver if anyone is interested.

hmmm.... my sister is looking for a Bimmer, but has her mind set on an M3.... maybe i can convince her....

western99
02-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Want to sell the M throwing stars with rubber seperately?

Michael C.
02-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Yes,yes,yes.....for $17,000. I Will Even Include A Free E28 ///m5.....