PDA

View Full Version : How to change the seatbelt reel?

ilya
02-13-2004, 08:49 PM
im trying to figure out how to remove the seatbelt real on the driver seat. i have a new one that i want to put in, because this one is a little cracked.

i've looked around the place where its attached and it seems like ill have to remove the entire seat. the bentley manual doesn't mention anything about removing the seat, however. any suggestions?

Martin in Bellevue
02-13-2004, 09:03 PM
You mean receiver with the red release button, I sent ya a while back?

Just raise the back of the lower seat. There is a single 17mm? bolt & an electrical connection to disconnect. It will then raise right up from the top of the seat. Enjoy.

ilya
02-13-2004, 09:17 PM
yeah that's the one.
what do you mean the back of the lower seat? im confused.. lol. do you mean use the power seats button to raise the back up of it up? (as in the part taht's closest to the passenger seats in the back, not the backrest or whatever)

Martin in Bellevue
02-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Then open the rear left door & peck in there. It'll be obvious how things go together.

yeah that's the one.
what do you mean the back of the lower seat? im confused.. lol. do you mean use the power seats button to raise the back up of it up? (as in the part taht's closest to the passenger seats in the back, not the backrest or whatever)

ilya
02-14-2004, 04:16 PM
martin, i tried doing that, however i ran into a problem
the bolt that holds the 'buckle' in place is facing towards me. basically, i see the treads of the bolt, so the part that you would 'grab onto' using any kind of tool is facing towards the middle of the car.. the passenger side is the same way

ilya
02-15-2004, 03:28 AM
ttt