PDA

View Full Version : installed chip?

KB535i
02-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Maybe I was expecting too much, but I just got done installing a tms conforti chip on my 91' 535i and I didnt notice a big change, Anybody else have similar results. Did I just blow $250?

G Feller
02-13-2004, 06:44 PM
I doubt you blew the money (push that car in various situations at low revs and high, and give it a few days to settle in, you should definitely feel the difference by then), but if you had hung around this board and solicited our recommendation, you would have saved a good percentage of what you paid by getting an EAT chip, which is always reviewed on these pages with a grin!

Best regards,

Greg

Maybe I was expecting too much, but I just got done installing a tms conforti chip on my 91' 535i and I didnt notice a big change, Anybody else have similar results. Did I just blow $250?

KB535i
02-13-2004, 06:48 PM
I doubt you blew the money (push that car in various situations at low revs and high, and give it a few days to settle in, you should definitely feel the difference by then), but if you had hung around this board and solicited our recommendation, you would have saved a good percentage of what you paid by getting an EAT chip, which is always reviewed on these pages with a grin!

Best regards,

Greg
Well I just got it today I can return it. Is the EAT chip better? The tms chip said 43 more hp out of the 535i. What does the EAT do?

G Feller
02-13-2004, 07:34 PM
That's a 20% increase from stock, holy crap. Seems like you should feel that for sure. Be sure to read whatever materials came with it regarding any sort of break-in period - this might be a fine chip. Anyone else here have a TMS Conforti chip?

Is your car an auto or stick?

I'm not even sure the EAT chip has been dynoed (anyone?) but the "seat of the pants" meter as reported goes way up. I sure could tell the difference with an EAT ship in my 540im.

In addition, its creator Mark D'Sylva is a regular on this board and can answer any questions himself. A nice bonus! He will hopefully be along shortly to answer your questions about his chip.

I'm just saying you will hear nothing but good things about his chip on this board. But since you've already gone to the trouble of switching out your chip . . . well we just want you to love your 535.

Well I just got it today I can return it. Is the EAT chip better? The tms chip said 43 more hp out of the 535i. What does the EAT do?

G Feller
02-13-2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=827

I'm not even sure the EAT chip has been dynoed (anyone?) but the "seat of the pants" meter as reported goes way up. I sure could tell the difference with an EAT ship in my 540im.

In addition, its creator Mark D'Sylva is a regular on this board and can answer any questions himself. A nice bonus! He will hopefully be along shortly to answer your questions about his chip.

I'm just saying you will hear nothing but good things about his chip on this board. But since you've already gone to the trouble of switching out your chip . . . well we just want you to love your 535.

KB535i
02-13-2004, 07:38 PM
That's a 20% increase from stock, holy crap. Seems like you should feel that for sure. Be sure to read whatever materials came with it regarding any sort of break-in period - this might be a fine chip. Anyone else here have a TMS Conforti chip?

Is your car an auto or stick?

Does anyone REALLY know the differance?

NoSpeedLimits
02-13-2004, 08:34 PM
I agree, I think you were expecting too much. IMO unless you push the limits on a regular basis or have dyno results, you probably wont notice the difference. You can expect to see better gas mileage (at least I did with my EAT chip). On the other hand, if your getting a 20 percent increase in HP (wow, that's hard to believe) then I think you'd feel the difference. Just consider it a 250 dollar penis enhancer, you know, bragging rites :) Enjoy.

Bill R.
02-13-2004, 09:05 PM
actual horsepower gain takes you from 208 max to 222 max with the JC chip
thats 14 hp gain. More like 7% gain.. the peak gain that they advertise is 43 more hp than stock at 6250 rpm, the stock chip has already fallen off at that rpm, which means the stock chip is producing 170hp at 6250 and this chip keeps it closer to the peak power..But at 6250 for most of us its a useless gain... The gain thats more useable is the max hp, of which you gained 14, now a 7% gain is not going to be an earth shattering difference.
JC publishes the complete graph at his bonneville site but its down right now for construction it said.