PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like rebuilding an electronic quadrajet to bring back -

Bill R.
02-13-2004, 05:35 PM
disgusting memories ...

Springfield1952
02-13-2004, 05:55 PM
An electronic whozawhat?

Joestancampiano
02-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Ranks right up there with Alfa spica mechanical fuel injection

632 Regal
02-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Quadrajunk... had about 4 difft things to improve it wheras the thermobog had about 20. I replaced the quadras woth thermobogs for years before I had to go to Hollys.

Derek A.
02-13-2004, 09:55 PM
disgusting memories ...
http://www.opus45.com/pics/fuel_line.jpg

Karl
02-13-2004, 10:57 PM
when the computerized q-jet in my El Camino packed it in last summer.

632 Regal
02-13-2004, 11:51 PM
[but if you think that a Demon is good after a holly you had a VERY bad holly. I can build a holly to outrun any demon any day, the demon has its perks about changing the venturis but if you choose the right size carb you wouldnt ever change it to another motor. anyways blah blah blah... if you have questions email me.

632 Regal
02-14-2004, 12:19 AM
everything else work still?

Aaron Bakos
02-14-2004, 01:39 AM
disgusting memories ...

I remember helping rebuilt those things in college for a case of beer...seems so long ago, but now that I think about it that was only about 5 years ago...

What a PITA.

My buddy and I almost got in some serious sh*t once because the entire dorm smelled like carb cleaner, but the security guard couldn't do much because the carb had to make it back on to the Dean's car!

Derek A.
02-14-2004, 10:35 AM
All the stuff that was problematic on Holley's was fixed on the Demons.
- Billet alluminum base plates
- anualar discharge boosters
- blended air inlet horn
- non porous body castings
- built in fuel bowl sight glass
- four corner idle circuit

I have run Quadrajets, Holleys, Edelbrock AFB and have found the Demons to be the best. The only Demons that you can change the Venturis out on are the super expensive ones, I am talking about the lower end of the product line.

[but if you think that a Demon is good after a holly you had a VERY bad holly. I can build a holly to outrun any demon any day, the demon has its perks about changing the venturis but if you choose the right size carb you wouldnt ever change it to another motor. anyways blah blah blah... if you have questions email me.

George M
02-14-2004, 10:40 AM
had a quadrajunk on an L-82 Corvette...does bring back memories.
Different era...only nearby computer was a large mainframe at college which mostly
ran on Fortran IV or basic off of punch cards...weren't in cars yet.
George