PDA

View Full Version : Best deal I've seen re: M5's if this isn't a typo

Patrick
02-13-2004, 01:34 PM
and it's really in excellent condition -and those are two huge "ifs."
http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/classifieds/cars/detview.php?view=22918

Jason Blitz
02-13-2004, 02:12 PM
It seems to good to be true at that price . . . It has less miles on it now than it did last november when it was registered last AND it went from NJ to FLA with no mileage change and a few months later it has less miles - I bought an M3 with a similar story that had the same carfax story. The M3 was totaled in NY and purchased back from the insurance company and resold privately to someone in south florida. It was fixed(poorly) and sold again as an "excellent condition" car. I bought it and didn't know anything about the accident etc. All I knew is that the car I bought had a cracked windshield - I went to replace it and noticed the a-pillar had been cut out and replaced with pipe-like material - at that point I did a LOT more looking around and noticed enough repair work that the car MUST have been in a serious accident. I'm not saying this is the case with the M5, but I would be a little wary . . .

AZ_Jason_S
02-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Is there any irony in these cars going from the east coast NY/NJ area to South FL to be "rebuilt" and sold?

rickm
02-13-2004, 03:15 PM
When Hurrican Floyd took out eastern NC a LOT of the flooded cars were going to FL. One of the cars I looked at before I bought my local e34 was a "florida car".

Jason
02-13-2004, 03:18 PM
"I hate for you to find out this way, but Florida leads the nation in this kind of crime.” - stolen vehicle sales i guess

11k for lo mile E34 M5.... doesnt smell right.