PDA

View Full Version : Radio Reception

Svennn
02-13-2004, 11:24 AM
First off, I love my new touring. It fits my needs perfectly. One problem is that the radio gets the worst AM and FM reception that I have ever heard. The car is a '93. My '95 is better and my after market Alpine in the M3 is the best. I went shopping for head units the other day and hate almost everything new on the market. It's all very high gloss and bright colors and few had an orange display. IMO, it's very low class looking. So, how can I improve the factory reception? A better amp for the antenna? Any other opinions would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

Derek A.
02-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Have you checked that the amplifier is working ? I know that I would like to improve the reception in my car. I have a cellular antenna that I am not using.. can that be hooked into the mix for better reception ?

rickm
02-13-2004, 01:51 PM
I haven't seen your wagon...but do you have window tint on the back? That (I've heard) could cause problems. You could also check the antenna connections to see if anything is loose. My stock radio has decent, but not great, reception. The wife's Volvo with normal antenna has much better reception.

Svennn
02-13-2004, 02:56 PM
No tint but I will check the connections.

I haven't seen your wagon...but do you have window tint on the back? That (I've heard) could cause problems. You could also check the antenna connections to see if anything is loose. My stock radio has decent, but not great, reception. The wife's Volvo with normal antenna has much better reception.