PDA

View Full Version : want to install Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52

bimmernut
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I want to install a Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 radio in my daughters car, '91 325i. Can anyone help with this as to the connecters & such. Do I need to buy an adapter like The PAC OEM-2 universal sound system interface and controller?

Thanks,
Richard V

winfred
12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
e30 if so it's not a big deal if you want to run through the stock amp and speakers, if it's a e36 get a adaptor plug, i can tell you the wire colors on a e30 if you want

I want to install a Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 radio in my daughters car, '91 325i. Can anyone help with this as to the connecters & such. Do I need to buy an adapter like The PAC OEM-2 universal sound system interface and controller?

Thanks,
Richard V

bimmernut
12-09-2004, 06:12 PM
e30 if so it's not a big deal if you want to run through the stock amp and speakers, if it's a e36 get a adaptor plug, i can tell you the wire colors on a e30 if you want
Tell me what I need to do the "standard install. Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 radio

Richard V

winfred
12-09-2004, 08:29 PM
purple/gray is the switched power, brown/black or just brown depending on year is ground, these two are in the same plug. the single white with the small female blade connector is the power turn on for the amp and antenna. the white or gray and yellow that are in the same plug are lighting control and memory power, i can't remember which is which but a test light will tell. the blue and yellow wires are speakers some cars have just two (left and right) some have four (lf rf lr rr) if you have 4 the two that are in the same rectangle plug are the rear and the two round plugs are the fronts, i can't remember which color is right blue or yellow it will have a small r and l on each plug. if you only have two speaker wires connect them to the front and rear outputs from the receiver so that you get all of the stereo signal. some have a brown/orange grounding the body of the radio, i think it just affects the factory radio, if the system doesn't work play with that wire. that should about cover it

Tell me what I need to do the "standard install. Blaupunkt Casablanca CD52 radio

Richard V

bimmernut
12-10-2004, 07:24 PM
thanks