PDA

View Full Version : OT - Took the SKS today and fine tuned the scope

Scott E
02-13-2004, 12:42 AM
I bought a 6x Leapers scope for my Yugoslavian made SKS last month. Today I spent part of the morning attempting to get it zeroed in. Here are the last two targets I shot before calling it a day (I was out of ammo).

The targets were only 50 yards away. Next time out I will zero it in at 100 meters.

http://www.kidkrash.com/gallery/albums/album21/DSCFE496_001.jpg

winfred
02-13-2004, 01:24 AM
cool, the only rifle i ever built with the intentions of tight groups is my savage 17hmr, that thing's cool, chronographes at about 2650fps 17 grain balistic tip or hollowpoint, it's like a flying blender, i let the air out of a squirrel at about 80 yards, and my uncle wanted to see the bullet so we cut him open and my god, i think i set it on puree, the balistic tip did it's job well we couldn't even find the jacket and there was no exit wound. leupold 4.5-12x40mm, blue bull barrel, synthetic stock and my own trigger job, it's still breaking in but even with my shakey ass about a 1.5" avarage group at 100 yards i've done a 1", i've herd of .5" from the same gun, i like a gun that shoots better then me