PDA

View Full Version : E34 Subwoofer Bass and sound system

Unregistered
02-12-2004, 07:13 PM
I have a 1990 535i and want to put two 12" kicker subwoofers in the trunk. What is the best way to set this up? Im thinking of cuting a port in the rear deck. How do I prevent any rattling. I want some monster bass. I am going to power the woofers and interior speakers with jl amps. Anybody got pics of a port or a good setup? Thanx.

Another thing.....I want more surround sound..Where are some other location that I can add interior speakers. Currently I have MB quart components in the front and MB quart coax in the rear. I already cutoff the speakers in the front dash...should I reactivate these dash speakers or is there a better way to get more surround. Thanx

Kennan
02-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I currently have two subs rearward firing near the end of the trunk and they hit rather nicely. The other day I punched the ski-pass open and actually can't tell too much of a difference, but in the future I plan to mount them so they fire through the ski pass.

Just for fun, I put the box in the backseat for like a day, and the bass has so much more impact. The sealed trunk really takes alot of it away.

If you want to avoid rattles, you'll need to put down some dynamat or one of it's alternatives.

632 Regal
02-12-2004, 07:42 PM
the sound could use a little "enhansing"

is there an easy way of just tapping into the rear speakers to an amp or does this have to get all involved?

I hate spending a month hooking stuff up only to eventually disconnect it later because of troubles and tapping into the rear leads would seem to simplify things for the simple minded. <-- me

AZ_Jason_S
02-12-2004, 10:25 PM
The ski=hole didn't help you? What would be fun to try is a bandpass or ported box, with the port firing through the ski hole...

632 Regal
02-12-2004, 10:32 PM
nt