PDA

View Full Version : Hey. Will somebody please

Elekta
02-12-2004, 04:34 PM
climb into the back right seat of my tourer and go around the block and over a few bumps with me. I have this annoying squeak back there, and after tightening down the jack and making sure the fold down seats are clasped right, I'm thinking this may be shock related. It's not exactly a thunk, but it's squeak/rattle that only happens over bumps.

Thanks,

ps, Someone in a narrow greel white e34 with bottlecaps ate at Habenero's today in Austin. Didja order the Chuleta's Ranchero's? Want some basketweaves?

pmulry
02-12-2004, 05:19 PM
climb into the back right seat of my tourer and go around the block and over a few bumps with me. I have this annoying squeak back there, and after tightening down the jack and making sure the fold down seats are clasped right, I'm thinking this may be shock related. It's not exactly a thunk, but it's squeak/rattle that only happens over bumps.

Thanks,

ps, Someone in a narrow greel white e34 with bottlecaps ate at Habenero's today in Austin. Didja order the Chuleta's Ranchero's? Want some basketweaves?

I've got a narrow grill white e34 with bottlecaps, but I don't think I drove down to Austin from Dallas for lunch today. At least I don't remember doing that. Although that sounds better than what I had.

But as for the basketweaves, I'm interested. Maybe. 15 or 17? Silver or gold? Please say silver and 17. And that they're just taking up space that you need so you'll give them to me for free if I drive down to Austin and bring you a dozen kolaches from the Czech Stop in West. Cause that's a deal I could make without approval from the Budget Committee.

ScottyWM
02-12-2004, 09:41 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Mine had a squeak sounded just like that too - only happened when I turned to the right for some reason. Greased up my dogbones real well and it got rid of it for almost a year. It's back now, probably change them this spring.

Scott
'93 525iT

winfred
02-12-2004, 09:45 PM
could be rear shock mounts, i never done a wagon, don't know how it's put together

Mike
02-12-2004, 09:52 PM
When my shock mounts went, they made more of a dull "thud" than a squeak. I would say check if rear shelf and speaker covers are loose, but once again this is a tourer, I have no clue :( Rock the back of the car, see if you can hear the squeak. If so, could be that your shocks are beat.

Elekta
02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
I've got a narrow grill white e34 with bottlecaps, but I don't think I drove down to Austin from Dallas for lunch today. At least I don't remember doing that. Although that sounds better than what I had.

But as for the basketweaves, I'm interested. Maybe. 15 or 17? Silver or gold? Please say silver and 17. And that they're just taking up space that you need so you'll give them to me for free if I drive down to Austin and bring you a dozen kolaches from the Czech Stop in West. Cause that's a deal I could make without approval from the Budget Committee.

15" Silver basketweaves, but for any reasonable cash offer,they're yours. My tires are cupped, and I can't bear to buy new rubber and put it on those wheels...kinda like you feel about your bottlecaps....just sick to death of them.

gotta start somewhere so $125 apiece free delivery (if you come and get them ;)) I have six to choose from if you count my spare and the wife's spare.

RE: the Suspension. Do auto level tourers have dog bones? How can LAD go bad without it being blatantly obvious (tilting to one side or just terrible ride in general.) My ride and handling are fine given the worn rubber and new b-sports up front. Plus huge loaded trips to south texas with combi box, kids, shotguns dogs....no problems.

winfred
02-12-2004, 10:27 PM
besides leaking shocks or level control unit, about the only other thing that happins to lad is the accumulators (cannon ball lookin things) fill with fluid and the back of the car no longer has suspension, it's locked solid, changing cannon balls is the evel oposite of changing normal shocks, instead of getting rid of a bounce, you are installing one