PDA

View Full Version : SOT: Good/Best E30 forum??

PhilipJCaputo
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
A friend of my girlfriends father, has this e30 (1983 323i)... I guess it has some kind of engine problems, so much so that he thinks it needs an entire new engine.

I was speaking to the guy on the phone, and he was saying "it was setup for the european marked" (whatever that means), he also said something about it having an M engine in it. (clearly not the original)

He doesn't want to buy a new engine (several thousand dollars), I told him that I would see if I could find any information online, and I figured that the best thing for him would be a good forum.

So since I am now the BMW "expert" in my group of friends.... what would be the best e30 forum?

shogun
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
try roadfly
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e30/
and ask the guys on the U,K, E32 register if they can recommend an English speaking Forum for the E30 in the U,K., if the car has some special E.U. specification.
I only know some E 30 boards in Germany, but that might not be of much help due to language probs. But they have a lot of info on their pages for repairs.
http://www.thee32register.co.uk/

winfred
11-22-2004, 12:05 AM
most likely a 2.3 version of a 2.7 E aka eta motor, any 84-87 325/325e/es motor should drop right in, the only complacation i can think of would be if for some odd reason the car was running bosch K-jetronic aka cis injection, at which point just get the harness and computer from the donor car and be done with cis (as far as i know k-jet died with the e21) a e motor should be a decent amount more power at 120 hp 170flb 5k redline but a 2.5 I motor would be even better 168 hp 170 flb 6200 redline but would need slightly more work/expence to install but still a drop in replacement

A friend of my girlfriends father, has this e30 (1983 323i)... I guess it has some kind of engine problems, so much so that he thinks it needs an entire new engine.

I was speaking to the guy on the phone, and he was saying "it was setup for the european marked" (whatever that means), he also said something about it having an M engine in it. (clearly not the original)

He doesn't want to buy a new engine (several thousand dollars), I told him that I would see if I could find any information online, and I figured that the best thing for him would be a good forum.

So since I am now the BMW "expert" in my group of friends.... what would be the best e30 forum?