PDA

View Full Version : Blower speed selector switch - variable low speed works?

talltorontoguy
11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi guys,

I just thought about this and thought I would ask you guys.

On the fan speed selector switch there is the 1,2,3 etc on the right side (after 12:00 position).

Between 8:00 & 12:00 position there is a marking suggesting that the fan speed should be graduated from 0 to level 1.

When I have my fan switch there, the speed doesn't change at all and seems to run at the same speed as on selection 1.

This isn't something worth taking the dash apart, but wondering if its just mine or everyone? If there is an easy fix... lets hear it!

Thanks Rod

DueyT
11-14-2004, 10:06 PM
No, that's normal...from 0 to 1 is the fan on speed 1 and the air flaps open from a fully closed (0) to fully open (1)...from 2,3,4 the flapper valves are fully open.

Try this...change the speed switch to different positions within the 0-1 zone and you'll hear the flapper valves hum as they cycle open and closed...

Duey

talltorontoguy
11-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I don't get it.

The flaps? What do they do? The fan stays the same speed but the flaps block the air movement?

In my case the air movement is the same no matter what position the fan is in, until you get past #1.

??

R

winfred
11-14-2004, 10:38 PM
i referr to that as the womens setting, that or all of the vents closed blower on full and ac on. dual zone is fun on road trips, my drivers side remains un touched for 600 miles or about 9.5 hours and moms side gets adjusted about every 10 minutes, the whole process is resumed the next days travel

Bill R.
11-14-2004, 11:23 PM
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/Blowerspeed.jpg
Hi guys,

I just thought about this and thought I would ask you guys.

On the fan speed selector switch there is the 1,2,3 etc on the right side (after 12:00 position).

Between 8:00 & 12:00 position there is a marking suggesting that the fan speed should be graduated from 0 to level 1.

When I have my fan switch there, the speed doesn't change at all and seems to run at the same speed as on selection 1.

This isn't something worth taking the dash apart, but wondering if its just mine or everyone? If there is an easy fix... lets hear it!

Thanks Rod

1000_eyez
11-14-2004, 11:38 PM
that's good information. I wondered about that too. I like the fast responses and information given on this forum. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

infinity5
11-15-2004, 12:55 AM
So what happens if you have the air recirculation turned on? i suppose those flaps don't operate? although i certainly hear *very* noisey flaps whenever i turn the blower on ;)

talltorontoguy
11-15-2004, 01:59 PM
I just don't want to get one of those "sudden unpleasant odors" that Bill talked about... ewwww

632 Regal
11-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I just don't want to get one of those "sudden unpleasant odors" that Bill talked about... ewwww