PDA

View Full Version : SOT: can I buff this out? (funny/scary link)

Kamil
11-10-2004, 01:40 PM
http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=34709834&m=389005447631

original thread:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658311&page=1&pp=25

idiot kid, I hope link works... click on the gif's, funny stuff.
-K

Jon K
11-10-2004, 02:08 PM
wow...

Kamil
11-10-2004, 02:23 PM
I don't see why you're calling him an idiot... there was a recall on that car for the very same problem he had... the car isn't riced... OZ rims and an STI wing and engine mods...

Did you read any of the original replies?

I used to own a '02 WRX, wasn't aware of the throtle (sp?) sticking issue.

Clearly, a residential neighborhood w/ approx 25mph speed limit.
IF your throtle does get stuck, there is a million things you can do to avoid crashing into anything. He admitted being near redline in 3rd gear. The WRX does not make a lot of power under 3000rpm... for him to reach the redline in third gear, which is probably/approx 90mph, would take a long time, even if he started from 40mph. He would have a lot of time to react to it.

I'm convinced that this kid (yes, he's a kid, with history of accidents) has flying thru the neighborhood and lost it.

The rims look fake BTW.

wengenstein
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
The animated gifs are great :D

Bruno
11-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Did you read any of the original replies?

I used to own a '02 WRX, wasn't aware of the throtle (sp?) sticking issue.

Clearly, a residential neighborhood w/ approx 25mph speed limit.
IF your throtle does get stuck, there is a million things you can do to avoid crashing into anything. He admitted being near redline in 3rd gear. The WRX does not make a lot of power under 3000rpm... for him to reach the redline in third gear, which is probably/approx 90mph, would take a long time, even if he started from 40mph. He would have a lot of time to react to it.

I'm convinced that this kid (yes, he's a kid, with history of accidents) has flying thru the neighborhood and lost it.

The rims look fake BTW.

I do agree, the guy was driving too fast and lost it... Then you find tons of excuse for it.
I am glad he didn't kill anyone in the process...

Too fast of a car to drive without good experience... Driving school will save you, that is a good investment.

SharkmanBMW
11-10-2004, 06:11 PM
what a stupid ass
I just spent 30 minutes reading the posts, there are pics of his first crash - also with a ******** made up excuse.... what a danger to us all, he needs a tricycle