PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Roopnarine : Gainesville Raceway tonight?

DanDombrowski
10-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Wednesday night test n tune, and I think Im going. Would have given you more notice had I known the track was even open, but I just found out. You down to go tonight? It opens at 6:30

bimmerd00d
10-13-2004, 03:27 PM
you guys will learn the hard way that your cars are driven entirely by rubber, then you'll quit drag racing the cars :D

infinity5
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey, I live in gainesville! I've always wanted to go to the raceway, but i've never been and my car (which i've had for all of two months) is still entirely stock. i was going to save up for those pesky thrust arms and bushings and sway bars.

Jon K
10-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey, I live in gainesville! I've always wanted to go to the raceway, but i've never been and my car (which i've had for all of two months) is still entirely stock. i was going to save up for those pesky thrust arms and bushings and sway bars.

Yeah don't take it from me or anything, but Brandon is right... the cars are built ENTIRELY from rubber... just ask my center bearing.

http://e34.digital7.com/BMW%20Work%20(Pacer%20Break)/DSCN0573.JPG

DanDombrowski
10-13-2004, 04:03 PM
You have all of about an hour and a half to get ready, it would be really cool to see another 5er out there. I've got the black one. If you're really interested, IM me (if you have AIM) at Volvo240T and I'll give you my cell number. Pease!

DanDombrowski
10-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Bah! I don't have to be responsible till I'm married. What's that dear? No, I'm not going to the racetrack tonight, I'm, uh, going to look for jewelry for you. SHHHH!

Jon K
10-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Bah! I don't have to be responsible till I'm married. What's that dear? No, I'm not going to the racetrack tonight, I'm, uh, going to look for jewelry for you. SHHHH!

I'm just anticipating a "Clunking from mid of car... flexdisc? center bearing? u-joint?" post soon.

bimmerd00d
10-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Not so much the center bearing, that's not where teh stress is, your flywheel is 2 pieces conjoined by rubber, flex guibo is rubber, cv joints are all rubber.

infinity5
10-13-2004, 04:12 PM
If i didn't work tonight.... And I think they're probably right, i dunno about draging.. i'd really like to just like to do laps.. going as fast as i possibly could.. i've never been above 90-100ish in the city.. and i've only done that once or twice. Its so constricting having 40mph speed limits all over the place.

heh. you ever want to work on your car with someone else tell me, i've got plenty of broken stuff to fix. we could replace all this rubber stuff thats going to break with metal stuff.

You have all of about an hour and a half to get ready, it would be really cool to see another 5er out there. I've got the black one. If you're really interested, IM me (if you have AIM) at Volvo240T and I'll give you my cell number. Pease!

DanDombrowski
10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Have new flexdisc in already. If it need center bearings or u-joints, then I put in new center bearings or U-joints.

bimmerd00d
10-13-2004, 04:15 PM
it doesn't have u joints lol. that's what a flex disc and cv joints are. You aren't dealing with a Camaro or Rustang :D

Jon K
10-13-2004, 04:15 PM
If i didn't work tonight.... And I think they're probably right, i dunno about draging.. i'd really like to just like to do laps.. going as fast as i possibly could.. i've never been above 90-100ish in the city.. and i've only done that once or twice. Its so constricting having 40mph speed limits all over the place.

heh. you ever want to work on your car with someone else tell me, i've got plenty of broken stuff to fix. we could replace all this rubber stuff thats going to break with metal stuff.

If there were metal stuffs to replace the rubber stuffs we'd all use it... but the design of the rear subframe requires that the driveline have flexibility. the flex disc fails, and then the center bearing does... its a mess... and not fun... to replace means to drop exhaust, disconnect driveshaft halves, press new center bearing, bolt up new flex, and then rehook the splined driveshaft... nicht spass!!!!

DanDombrowski
10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I do plenty of car maintenance in college apartment complex parking lots (but not as much as Ryan, I bet he'd try to do a tranny swap while parked between 2 other cars hehe)

Just say when you want to do it. Do you have a garage? My car is good on oil and such for another 3000 miles, but the GFs camry is due for some maintenance soon.

Brian C.
10-13-2004, 05:18 PM
.....SUNDAY NIGHT! At Gainesville Raceway! Ahhhhhh, I remember those days. Of course it was a teensy bit before you were around, but when I was at UF, we'd go to watch Gator Nationals and some of the other big drags. The Top Fuel dragsters were awesome. Big Daddy Don Garlitts, Cha-Cha Muldowney, John Force, even Evil Knievill.......I worked at the Gainesville Hilton then, and being the only big hotel in town then, all the racers would stay there. I'd deliver room service to the drivers and fans. That was always a good weekend for big tips! Cha-Cha was quite the dogface at 7am as I recall!! :p :p

Have fun!

Brian C.
:D

ryan roopnarine
10-13-2004, 05:59 PM
son of a bih....that's like making me an un-vitation
this is one of my only days off this week, if i knew earlier in the day, i would definitely have went. wanna see how many hp the decarbonizing is good for :D. you know my telephone no....if you are gonna do this again, leave a message on das phone and i might have a fighting chance of going.

ryan roopnarine
10-13-2004, 06:06 PM
it doesn't have u joints lol. that's what a flex disc and cv joints are. You aren't dealing with a Camaro or Rustang :D

i think some of them do.....i know i have a cv going to my diff, but i've seen more than a couple e30s with u joints at the end. RE: drag racing.....i replaced my guibo about 20k miles ago, so i should be good for another 20k :D seriously, the ****tard that had my car before me had fastened the bolts on the guibo with lugnuts, and there were only 5/6 of the bolts in there.