PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Remote-Searched Archives already

Luftpost
10-01-2004, 09:09 AM
My 95 525i came with the brain under the seat (FCC ID A269ZUA070), but no remote (part number 82111467015 provided by dealer, at $107.25).

I have not been able to locate the exact Remote FCC # on Ebay, except for A269ZUA071. This number is one digit off. Will this remote work, or do I need to hold out for the exact match?

I have searched the archives.

Thanks!

PhilipJCaputo
10-01-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm just going to take a guess here...

The receiver unit would have to have a different fcc id than the remote. I don't know what the fcc id is for my receiver, but my remote is the A269ZUA071 fcc id.....

it'll probably work

Hallmark
10-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Same setup as yours and the remote programmed just fine.

InfernoM3
10-01-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm looked under my seat and I have the prewired alarm too. Its on top of the black box is there some kinda harness suppose to be there. All i see is a white square on one side and a small black cord? do I need anything else but teh remote. oh i have a 92 535i w/ the alpine alarm

dave b
10-01-2004, 06:09 PM
The numbers must be exact. I've been searching for a while, and bought one off of ebay a few years ago. This also fell apart on me (owner abuse, I'm sure), so this time I ordered from BMA.

And they're on backorder from Germany for a while. We checked all over the country with no luck. Once you get the replacement, it's a 5 minute reporgramming job.

dave

dave b
10-01-2004, 06:10 PM
oops, I misread your post. I dont think the FCC IDs on remote vs. brain have to match, but the old remote vs. new remote must match.

You should be fine with whatever you find for that year...

Luftpost
10-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Same setup as yours and the remote programmed just fine.

Would you mind checking the FCC numbers on your remote and reciever and confirm that they are infact different. I would like to purchase on ebay, however don't want to end up with a paper weight.

I would greatly appreaciate this!

Thanks to everyones replies!!

Is this what the remote (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33723&item=7925157000&rd=1) should look like?

Rory
10-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Would you mind checking the FCC numbers on your remote and reciever and confirm that they are infact different. I would like to purchase on ebay, however don't want to end up with a paper weight.

I would greatly appreaciate this!

Thanks to everyones replies!!

Is this what the remote (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33723&item=7925157000&rd=1) should look like?Hi,

That is what the remote should look like. If you cannot get one off Ebay head to your local audio shop. Check the Alpine catalog for a replacement unit. I cannot remember the model off hand but there is a unit that is compatible. In fact my brother has it on his M5. The remote should be in the $40-50 range, but it will have an Alpine logo instead of a BMW one if that matters to you. An in depth google search could potentially turn up the specific model, I remember it from a few years ago on Roadlea and the UUC digest.

Good Luck,
Rory

EDIT: I did a quick search for you and found the model number. Check out the Alpine 8448 or 8400A remote, price seems to be $45 and it has all the same features as the BMW one at less than 1/2 the price and it is brand new.

Luftpost
10-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi,

That is what the remote should look like. If you cannot get one off Ebay head to your local audio shop. Check the Alpine catalog for a replacement unit. I cannot remember the model off hand but there is a unit that is compatible. In fact my brother has it on his M5. The remote should be in the $40-50 range, but it will have an Alpine logo instead of a BMW one if that matters to you. An in depth google search could potentially turn up the specific model, I remember it from a few years ago on Roadlea and the UUC digest.

Good Luck,
Rory

EDIT: I did a quick search for you and found the model number. Check out the Alpine 8448 or 8400A remote, price seems to be $45 and it has all the same features as the BMW one at less than 1/2 the price and it is brand new.

Rory,

Thanks!!!

L