PDA

View Full Version : Completed retrofit cruise control

simon-york
09-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Dear All

I have just sucessfully completed retrofitting cruise control in on my 1989 530i SE which has the 3 litre 6 cylinder M30 engine. If anyone else on the board wants to discuss anything or would like information, please feel welcome to contact me.

One thing though - some time ago a member of this board reported that he had experienced the throttle sticking open with cruise control and he had fitted a special clip BMW had produced on both the throttle and cruise control connections. If anyone knows the part number of these clips shown below, I should be grateful to know.

Many thanks,

gale
09-25-2004, 07:50 PM
The clips are part number: 35-40-1-165-393, about $1.50 US at the dealer. I bent some up many years ago when I 1st learned of the problem, from a piece of 1/16" welding rod & works just the same. A fellow on the roadfly e32 board just experienced a stuck throttle a couple months ago due to the very problem but had the wherewithall to cut the ignition & ditch it into a parking lot without mishap.

There was a recall notice on these, info on the web. You might talk the dealer into giving you a pair for free.

simon-york
09-25-2004, 08:19 PM
The clips are part number: 35-40-1-165-393, about $1.50 US at the dealer. I bent some up many years ago when I 1st learned of the problem, from a piece of 1/16" welding rod & works just the same. A fellow on the roadfly e32 board just experienced a stuck throttle a couple months ago due to the very problem but had the wherewithall to cut the ignition & ditch it into a parking lot without mishap.

There was a recall notice on these, info on the web. You might talk the dealer into giving you a pair for free.

Thanks very much for the part numbers - I shall order some as soon as possible - we'll see if they come FOC!

Many thanks again. :)