PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder about the E.A.T. winter sale, save $15

MarkD
02-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Hello members,

the winter chip sale ends on Feb. 21, so now is the time to save $15 on the purchase of a chip. Also, prices will be going up soon, as two years ago I had planned on selling most chips for $199 USD + shipping, but had held the price. Now due to the exchange rate, I'll be adjusting the price sometime in the next month.

If you would like a chip, please order by sending a paypal payment to mdsylva@sympatico.ca Any $179 chip on my site will be $164 till Feb. 21.

Thanks

Mark

winfred
02-08-2004, 08:41 PM
so far have any of the people i've told of you around here bought anything? i've impressed everyone that i've given a ride to with my 535 but talk is cheep

MarkD
02-08-2004, 08:46 PM
so far have any of the people i've told of you around here bought anything? i've impressed everyone that i've given a ride to with my 535 but talk is cheep

I don't think anyone bought because you mentioned it, but thanks for mentioning it anyway! I had 4 sales in January.

Mark

The Merovingian
02-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I am interested however I have a question. (No flames please) What is a non EWS engine? I couldnt find anything about this in the Bentley.

MarkD
02-08-2004, 09:22 PM
I am interested however I have a question. (No flames please) What is a non EWS engine? I couldnt find anything about this in the Bentley.

EWS is a security system on BMW's built after Dec. 1994. The key transmits a code that must match the one stored in the EPROM chip. (in the DME). If it doesn't match, the car will not start. More info here: http://www.bmw.co.za/Products/FIRST...t/pro-Theft.htm

Mark

DueyT
02-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Merovingian, you don't have it...so you don't have to worry....you should get one of Mark's chips!:D You'll love it!

Cheers,
Duey

kjbcpa
02-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Been lurking awhile and really appreciate all the useful information provided.

I've been intrigued by the potential of a new chip. But it sounds almost too good to be true. Will my 1990 525 actually experience a noticeable improvement with EAT chip upgrade? Now that everything else is fixed, I think I can upgrade a little. The car is completely stock otherwise.

MarkD
02-09-2004, 08:52 PM

I've been intrigued by the potential of a new chip. But it sounds almost too good to be true. Will my 1990 525 actually experience a noticeable improvement with EAT chip upgrade? Now that everything else is fixed, I think I can upgrade a little. The car is completely stock otherwise.

Sure it will have a very noticeable improvement. I assume you have the M20 motor? Have a look at your DME number and tell me what it is. I've been testing the m20 chip and had great results. It's ready for release if your DME is 0 261 200 173.

Mark

Chris M
02-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I have a question for Mark. I read the description of the chip for my car. It says that the 94 M60 chip retains the stock rev limiter but removes the speed limiter.

Is there a noticeable improvement in driveablility or acceleration compared to the stock chip? What can I expect?

Thanks,

Chris M

(The artist formerly known as The Merovingian)

MarkD
02-09-2004, 09:43 PM
I have a question for Mark. I read the description of the chip for my car. It says that the 94 M60 chip retains the stock rev limiter but removes the speed limiter.

Is there a noticeable improvement in driveablility or acceleration compared to the stock chip? What can I expect?

Thanks,

Chris M

(The artist formerly known as The Merovingian)

Both driveablility and acceleration are improved. Do you have an auto or manual? I raised the rev limiter in the manual. The 530 chip is not yet released.

Chris M
02-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Both driveablility and acceleration are improved. Do you have an auto or manual? I raised the rev limiter in the manual. The 530 chip is not yet released.

94' 540i automatic

MarkD
02-09-2004, 10:18 PM
If you have 1 744 050 printed on the outside of your DME, I have a chip that works well. There are many happy customers using it.
If you have some other number I don't have a chip ready yet. (the other number would be 1 744 606 )

Mark

Patrick
02-09-2004, 10:24 PM
KJBCPA, and anyone else considering purchasing an EAT chip for their car. All I can say is you will not be disappointed from the bang-for-the-buck Mark's chips provide. Someone on the board stated "The EAT chip turned my car into the BMW I had hoped I was buying." and I have to agree with that. Try it, you won't be disappointed.
Patrick

MBXB
02-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Just out of curiousity, have you compared a JC chip withyour M60 chip, Mark?

MarkD
02-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Just out of curiousity, have you compared a JC chip withyour M60 chip, Mark?

No, I don't have a JC chip to compare. Do you have one? I'd like to send one of my chips to someone who has any competitive chip, so they could compare it.

Mark

MBXB
02-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Mark, I do have a JC chip in my 540iA. We emailed each other last summer about it. I figured you got hold of a tester closer to you. I've had the JC chip for 2+ years.

Ramon
540iA 138K miles

MarkD
02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Mark, I do have a JC chip in my 540iA. We emailed each other last summer about it. I figured you got hold of a tester closer to you. I've had the JC chip for 2+ years.

Ramon
540iA 138K miles

Hi Ramon, do you still have your stock chip? I'd like to know what the number on it is. If my chip is compatible, I'll send you a chip for evaluation this week. And, there is a chip for the 540iA I don't have (a different stock chip) So if you have that one I'd like to borrow it to make the version I don't have yet.

Mark

Chris M
02-09-2004, 10:48 PM
If you have 1 744 050 printed on the outside of your DME, I have a chip that works well. There are many happy customers using it.
If you have some other number I don't have a chip ready yet. (the other number would be 1 744 606 )

Mark

I don't mean to sound rude but you didn't answer the question I posed.

Thanks,

Chris

MBXB
02-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Hi Ramon, do you still have your stock chip? I'd like to know what the number on it is. If my chip is compatible, I'll send you a chip for evaluation this week. And, there is a chip for the 540iA I don't have (a different stock chip) So if you have that one I'd like to borrow it to make the version I don't have yet.

Mark

Mark,

Here are my stock chip numbers.

ENGINE 1 267 358 720
1 744 050

TRANS 01 00 1 469 154

Whatever I can do to help development, let me know. I'll email you my address.

Ramon

epp
02-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Hi Mark,

i have an automatic-will there be a big difference in performance..say hp and rpm..have been hearing about a higher rev and a .5hp increase..is this correct? i can send you my dme number next time around. would you have a chip for this e24(formerly 633csi) which we put a 535i engine from an e28.the dme number #0261200061..

rgds,
ed
90/535i

Unregistered
02-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Mark,

where do i locate the DME #(sorry) i have an M20 engine.

MarkD
02-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Mark,

where do i locate the DME #(sorry) i have an M20 engine.

It's in the e-box on the passenger side, just in front of the firewall. Look on Bruno's site (www.bmwe34.net) for details. Look for "chip upgrade".

Mark

MarkD
02-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Hi Mark,

i have an automatic-will there be a big difference in performance..say hp and rpm..have been hearing about a higher rev and a .5hp increase..is this correct? i can send you my dme number next time around. would you have a chip for this e24(formerly 633csi) which we put a 535i engine from an e28.the dme number #0261200061..

rgds,
ed
90/535i

That DME is from the early Euro M30, in North America it should have the 0 261 200 059. I have made a prototype chip for your DME but I did not release it yet. I may do that in the spring. Typically a chip has more than .5hp increase. (5 - 8 % typical) For your car, it will be a bit less as it's already been tuned further than the NA cars.

Mark

ScottM.
02-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Chris, this is the single best investment in my car I have made. The E.A.T. chip gave the car a noticable boost below 3K rpms. I used to own a 944 turbo that was also modified and chipped. When I went to the 540 it was a noticable dog in comparison. This chip has changed my opinion about the car and it is now a joy to drive. I am now looking forward to the next 100K miles!

Scott
1995 540ia 53K, 23K on alusil

MarkD
02-10-2004, 11:33 AM
I don't mean to sound rude but you didn't answer the question I posed.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello Chris, there was one response I made which did not get posted in the correct place, I was going to delete it and reply to the correct post (I think it was from you) but someone had already responded to my post so left it where it was.. Please ask again and I'll answer it. (I don't know which question it was)

Mark

Warren N.CA
02-10-2004, 12:33 PM
more drivable, better throttle response. Makes the engine "eager to rev." Can't beat it. Do it!

KurtM
02-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Mark,
Will the chips for 95 525i be ready before the price increase?

Thanks
Kurt
95 525i patiently waiting to E.A.T.

MarkD
02-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Mark,
Will the chips for 95 525i be ready before the price increase?

Thanks
Kurt
95 525i patiently waiting to E.A.T.

Hi Kurt,

I've got a small contract job that is taking up my time, there are a few issues left to fix and then I can get back to chip development. Any chips currently not released will be available at the old price or even a special introductory price, so son't worry about the price increase yet. (thanks for being patient)

Mark

KurtM
02-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks

Chris M
02-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Hello Chris, there was one response I made which did not get posted in the correct place, I was going to delete it and reply to the correct post (I think it was from you) but someone had already responded to my post so left it where it was.. Please ask again and I'll answer it. (I don't know which question it was)

Mark

My question regarding the chip for the 540ia was regarding overall driveability improvements and the affect on gas mileage. Someone has already responded that driveability is greatly improved by your chip. My main question is how much of hit will I be taking in the gas mileage department?

Thanks,

Chris

MarkD
02-10-2004, 07:02 PM
My question regarding the chip for the 540ia was regarding overall driveability improvements and the affect on gas mileage. Someone has already responded that driveability is greatly improved by your chip. My main question is how much of hit will I be taking in the gas mileage department?

Thanks,

Chris

I had responded to your questions here: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?postid=3659#poststop

You won't be taking a 'hit' as part throttle mapping uses less fuel, and WOT (which is not where you are unless you have your foot on it) uses slightly more fuel.

Mark

Chris M
02-10-2004, 07:08 PM
I guessed I missed that post Mark. Thanks for answering my question. I will be most likely contacting you after I have verified that I have the correct chip in my car for the swap.

epp
02-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Mark,

thanks your reply..am out of town and can give you dme number next week..last question it may sound stupid but our octane rating here is
91-93 octane..the staion i load carries the 91 unleaded..will this run
with the car chipped?

rgds,
ed
90/535i

MarkD
02-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Mark,

thanks your reply..am out of town and can give you dme number next week..last question it may sound stupid but our octane rating here is
91-93 octane..the staion i load carries the 91 unleaded..will this run
with the car chipped?

rgds,
ed
90/535i

Hi Ed,
it depends what DME you have. The -061 is already highly tuned and you may need 93 if I enhance it's performance. If you had the 0.261.200.179 you can use 91 octane and my chip.

Mark

Scott E
02-10-2004, 11:09 PM

ScottM.
02-11-2004, 12:05 PM
I am using 91 octane in Arizona. No pinging noted and it gets brutally hot here friends.

My gas mileage actually improved a bit.. but now that I am much happier driving more aggressively (read that as S4 mode all the time) I am back to where I was with the stock chip.

Scott
1995 540ia
52K miles

Keith
02-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Chris, this is the single best investment in my car I have made. The E.A.T. chip gave the car a noticable boost below 3K rpms. I used to own a 944 turbo that was also modified and chipped. When I went to the 540 it was a noticable dog in comparison. This chip has changed my opinion about the car and it is now a joy to drive. I am now looking forward to the next 100K miles!

Scott
1995 540ia 53K, 23K on alusil

I've been waiting for the chip for my '95 540ia, but beings I live in California and have crappy 91 octane fuel (highest I've found)and pain in the ass smog requiremnets, will this chip (or any chip for that matter) work ok here?

Keith

MarkD
02-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I've been waiting for the chip for my '95 540ia, but beings I live in California and have crappy 91 octane fuel (highest I've found)and pain in the ass smog requiremnets, will this chip (or any chip for that matter) work ok here?

Keith

Sure it will, but they recently switch the gas for winter and it seems to have lower octane. I currently have one 95 540iA owner (with EWS) using the chip in CA. I can get you in touch with him if you have questions. When was your car built? I am wondering if it has EWS. I don't yet have my generic EWS chip ready, so I need to read the stock EWS chip and then update it. (I have a little problem calculating the checksum on part of the code where the EWS function is)

Mark

Keith
02-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Sure it will, but they recently switch the gas for winter and it seems to have lower octane. I currently have one 95 540iA owner (with EWS) using the chip in CA. I can get you in touch with him if you have questions. When was your car built? I am wondering if it has EWS. I don't yet have my generic EWS chip ready, so I need to read the stock EWS chip and then update it. (I have a little problem calculating the checksum on part of the code where the EWS function is)

Mark

Mark, besides the build date(which I think is 4/95), is there any other info you need and when my wife gets home I can take a look.

Keith

MarkD
02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Mark, besides the build date(which I think is 4/95), is there any other info you need and when my wife gets home I can take a look.

Keith

Hi Keith,
if the car was built in April 95, it has the EWS security system. There is a unique security code stored in the EPROM which has to match the code sent by the key. I had intended to make a generic chip for the EWS cars but ran into a technical problem, and have not had time to work around the problem. The only way I can currently make a chip for this car is to read the old chip for each EWS equipped car. I'll work on a better solution soon. Summary: I don't yet have a chip to send you. Hopefully I can get around it in a month or so. I currently have one field tester for this chip and have got good feedback.

Mark

Keith
02-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Keith,
if the car was built in April 95, it has the EWS security system. There is a unique security code stored in the EPROM which has to match the code sent by the key. I had intended to make a generic chip for the EWS cars but ran into a technical problem, and have not had time to work around the problem. The only way I can currently make a chip for this car is to read the old chip for each EWS equipped car. I'll work on a better solution soon. Summary: I don't yet have a chip to send you. Hopefully I can get around it in a month or so. I currently have one field tester for this chip and have got good feedback.

Mark

Let me know as soon as possible Mark, I want a chip in my car before Bimmerfest '04 on May 1 and I am hoping it's yours.

Keith

MarkD
02-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Let me know as soon as possible Mark, I want a chip in my car before Bimmerfest '04 on May 1 and I am hoping it's yours.

Keith

Keith,
here is what I need to know:

1) what is the number on your DME? It should be 0 261 200 404, not 0 261 203 484 (the latter is the EWS DME)

2) the DME should have the number 1 744 050 on it near the number above.

If the 2 conditions above are TRUE, you can order a chip.

Check here for chip changing instructions, it helps you locate the DME also:
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/chip.htm

Mark

Keith
02-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Keith,
here is what I need to know:

1) what is the number on your DME? It should be 0 261 200 404, not 0 261 203 484 (the latter is the EWS DME)

2) the DME should have the number 1 744 050 on it near the number above.

If the 2 conditions above are TRUE, you can order a chip.

Check here for chip changing instructions, it helps you locate the DME also:
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/chip.htm

Mark

WOO HOOOOOO, #'s match, will be ordering my chip soon! BIG :D

Thanks, Mark

Russell
02-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi Kurt,

I've got a small contract job that is taking up my time, there are a few issues left to fix and then I can get back to chip development. Any chips currently not released will be available at the old price or even a special introductory price, so son't worry about the price increase yet. (thanks for being patient)

Mark

DL-
02-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Chip for 1990 M20 DME 0 261 200 173 isn't listed on your website. How can I order one?

Thanks,
Dennis

MarkD
02-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Chip for 1990 M20 DME 0 261 200 173 isn't listed on your website. How can I order one?

Thanks,
Dennis

I just developed that recently and have not been able to update the site. You can order using PayPal, by sending the order to mdsylva@sympatico.ca and specifying you want the E34-173.0R chip.

Mark

DL-
02-16-2004, 10:21 AM
Is there a special introductory price or is it $179 like most of the rest?

Thanks,
Dennis

MarkD
02-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Is there a special introductory price or is it $179 like most of the rest?

Thanks,
Dennis

I'll offer the chip for the -173 DME for $164 USD, with shipping by airmail included, it would take about 7 days to arrive. I can't go any lower, it's a great deal at that price. (It will sell for $199 when the prices are adjusted in about a month)

This chip won't be on the site until I can get the PRODUCTS page updated. There's an error in the html code that I can't locate.

I edited this page, the price I posted here earlier was incorrect)

Mark