PDA

View Full Version : e-28 fuel pump location

jjg43
09-20-2004, 07:28 PM
i need to know where the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay is on a 86 535im, i installed a new cd receiver and blew my interior fuse and then it wouldnt start. i noticed that i couldnt hear the fuel pump running so im trying to find out where these components are before i take it to a garage. its turning over so everything is getting enough power and no fuses are blown
thanks phil

jjg43
09-21-2004, 07:35 AM
i need to know where the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay is on a 86 535im, i installed a new cd receiver and blew my interior fuse and then it wouldnt start. i noticed that i couldnt hear the fuel pump running so im trying to find out where these components are before i take it to a garage. its turning over so everything is getting enough power and no fuses are blown
thanks phil

...but I figured someone on this board knows a little about E28s. I'm not sure why the car would run before the radio was put in and after it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Thanks

535ise
09-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Sorry i can't help with your problem m8,try here

http://www.mye28.com/

Rodericb
09-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry i can't help with your problem m8,try here

http://www.mye28.com/

Mye28.com is indeed a very good site. However, before your ask your question make sure that you : 1.) Purchase a Bentley repair manual and 2.) Search the archives.

Consequently, you should be able to see all of your fuses and relay locations using the diagram on top of your fuse box under the hood. It should be located on the driver's side. Take a look there to see if any of your fuses are blown. Remember, the E28 has two fuel pumps. I hope this helps you.

Craig
09-21-2004, 03:41 PM
There are two pumps, one in the tank and one up above the diff. The intank one can be totally dead and the car will still run.

The fuel pump relay should be one of the ones on the side of the fuseblock, but I can't remember which one exactly. There is a main relay too that could possibly be dead- check for spark to make sure that your ignition system didn't get messed up.