PDA

View Full Version : falken tires

Mendozart
05-21-2004, 01:23 AM
Just had some falken ziex ze 512 tires installed yesterday, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. They are size 235 45 17, on my 92 525i. I,ve owned the car for 2 1/2 years and the previous owner had some cheap performance tires installed right before I bought it. They were getting really noisy and causing the dreaded shimmy. I previously had one bent rim straightened and the thrust arms replaced with the lemforder w/750il bushings. Now my car is really smooth and quiet. Anyone else using these? For the price I'm extremely satisfied. Greg M.

JohnC
05-21-2004, 01:48 AM
im using the azenis, same size. really happy with them, i see no sign of wear even though some complained about fast tire wear; but they are z rated tires and i paid less than $115 each installed.

mholbrook
05-21-2004, 09:06 AM
I have had Azenis ST-215's which were terrific and now have Beta's which are also terrific. Falken is a great buy for tires. The Azenis Sport is supposed to be coming out in 33 additional sizes in the very near future. So, 245/45/17's won't be the only size that fits our cars hopefully.

Hector
05-21-2004, 09:31 AM
package purchase. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to test them because my car is currently under repair. However, I did a little homework on the tire which convinced me to inlcude them in the package for the following reasons: (1) the tire was rated #1 by the November '03 issue of consumer reports in the high performance all season category, (2) the tire comes with a deep recess rim protector ridge that guards against rim damage, (3) they are owned by Sumitomo which is a pretty good tire and (4) as you said they are not too expensive.

Just had some falken ziex ze 512 tires installed yesterday, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. They are size 235 45 17, on my 92 525i. I,ve owned the car for 2 1/2 years and the previous owner had some cheap performance tires installed right before I bought it. They were getting really noisy and causing the dreaded shimmy. I previously had one bent rim straightened and the thrust arms replaced with the lemforder w/750il bushings. Now my car is really smooth and quiet. Anyone else using these? For the price I'm extremely satisfied. Greg M.

Unregistered
05-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I heard the Falken Ziex Ze 512 gets loud as they wear... Falken 512 is very quiet when NEW but after 4k miles, it gets loud. You will notice many used Falken 512 on eBay... There must be reason why that is... If you want quiet Falken tires, go with the Azenis ST-115. They will stay quiet as they wear unlike Ziex 512.

ssimms
05-21-2004, 01:24 PM
I run this tire on my 2003 MINI Cooper and have accummilated 13,000 miles thus far. I haven't noticed any noise difference and would say these tires are quieter than the Continental Con-Tac 175/65/15's that were on the car when new. I love the stick and they appear to be wearing well. I expect at least 30,000 or more, mileage wise.
I am getting ready to order this model tire in sizes to fit my E34 535i shortly. For what it is worth Vulcan Tire is an awesome place for Falken's.

Scott

I heard the Falken Ziex Ze 512 gets loud as they wear... Falken 512 is very quiet when NEW but after 4k miles, it gets loud. You will notice many used Falken 512 on eBay... There must be reason why that is... If you want quiet Falken tires, go with the Azenis ST-115. They will stay quiet as they wear unlike Ziex 512.

shragon
05-21-2004, 04:51 PM
have falken azenis st-115 in 245/40-18. pretty good tire for the money. especially for everyday driving.