PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Gremlins are taking over my car

Al from jersey
09-03-2004, 01:07 PM
im trying to figure out what could be causing my passengers foglight to occationally not work....sometimes when i start my e34 the dash warns me of the foglight...i walk to the front and sure enough its off...NOW HERES THE WIERD PART...i KICK the fog and it magically works!?!?!?!....ive had this problem for a while now and havent minded because it makes me feel like the fonz from happydays but NOW the problem has migrated to my driverside rear turn indicator <--THAT IS NOT COOL.....its the same problem, a quik smack fixes it but now i have to get out and smack my fog and my indicator everytime i start my car.....please help

ps my fog harnes has subsequently melted while my turn signal harness is in good shape..im going to purchase a new harness today but i have a feeling that will have no effect on the indicator

Jon K
09-03-2004, 01:18 PM
im trying to figure out what could be causing my passengers foglight to occationally not work....sometimes when i start my e34 the dash warns me of the foglight...i walk to the front and sure enough its off...NOW HERES THE WIERD PART...i KICK the fog and it magically works!?!?!?!....ive had this problem for a while now and havent minded because it makes me feel like the fonz from happydays but NOW the problem has migrated to my driverside rear turn indicator <--THAT IS NOT COOL.....its the same problem, a quik smack fixes it but now i have to get out and smack my fog and my indicator everytime i start my car.....please help

ps my fog harnes has subsequently melted while my turn signal harness is in good shape..im going to purchase a new harness today but i have a feeling that will have no effect on the indicator

its not that hard to diagnose... if it works when you smack it, then you've got a lose connection. look at the bulb holders, the wires are old and brittle, it could have severed.